Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2010, 12:52 AM

Attachment 33044

Google "centipede" to see more.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2010, 12:43 PM

Ewww.. I hate centipedes.. In Co. we get "desert" centipedes... They're huge, brown and have lots of legs... Not to mention poisonous. Everything out here is poisonous!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2010, 01:37 PM

Eww that's just nasty.
    Pets Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 03:13 PM

That's just a small one. When I googled it there were pictures of centipedes as big as my arm! :eek: :eek:

I'm not one of those girly girls that's afraid of bugs, but I have to admit that centipedes are not on my fav list. That's just nasty.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 03:19 PM

Every time I see centipedes, I think of the scene on "Indiana Jones and the temple of doom". Lol Sick!
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    That's just a small one. When I googled it there were pictures of centipedes as big as my arm! :eek: :eek:

I'm not one of those girly girls that's afraid of bugs, but I have to admit that centipedes are not on my fav list. That's just nasty.
    I'm so not a girlie girl either.. but centipedes (the big ones) and spiders (the big ones with visible hair and eyes) just make me go weak! I hate them things.
    Pets Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Every time I see centipedes, I think of the scene on "Indiana Jones and the temple of doom". lol Sick!
    Ahhh! Okay, that scene is just wrong. When that huge centipede climbs up her hair. Ew! Just thinking about it is making me itchy.
    Pets Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    I'm so not a girlie girl either.. but centipedes (the big ones) and spiders (the big ones with visible hair and eyes) just make me go weak! I hate them things.
    Spiders I like. Actually, I want a pet tarantula one day, if hubby can every get over his fear.

I guess anything with over 8 legs is just wrong in my opinion. Eight legs and under is fine. ;)

There's just something about centipedes that makes my skin crawl. We have them here, but they're tiny. Once in a while they get into the house and I have to say that I kill them deader than dead. Not a fan.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 03:47 PM

See now, if I were that woman, well first off, I wouldn't be there at all, but I would say to Indiana, "look, you are hot, and I was hoping to get some, but this is just not worth it!" haha
    Pets Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    See now, if I were that woman, well first off, I wouldn't be there at all, but I would say to Indiana, "look, you are hot, and I was hoping to get some, but this is just not worth it!" haha
    LMAO! Ditto! As I recall she did have issues with the bugs and putting her hand in the goo to release the trigger. Can't blame her, I would have just left, after all, she hadn't known him that long, she wouldn't have missed him all that much. ;)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2010, 09:49 PM

Aren't they supposed to have 100 legs:confused:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 10:53 PM

Closest thing I have seen here is a millipede, we get them quite a bit in the warmer months, the dogs love playing with them... they touch them with their nose and do this crazy sneeze while shaking their heads while the milipedes curl up in a ball :eek:

Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 04:30 AM

Millipedes, centipedes, Belch. I was going to take a nap, now I think I will go shower and vacuum.

What's the difference between millipedes and centipedes?
    Pets Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 07:45 AM

I think it's the number of legs Bella.

I don't want to Google it, it was bad enough the first time. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of house centipedes [ 4 Answers ]

Yuck these things are very scary. I guess they are in my apartment complex. They are extremely fast and down right scary. I don't want that thing to crawl on me.. ever.. if it does.. I think I might have a heart attack.. seriously. How can you get rid of these things? A HUGE one just crawled...

Centipedes, centipedes go away [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I have gotten rid of the spiders and ants by using an exterminator, who also said that the centipedes would be gone as well. Well one week after extermination, I saw one and I have seen several since then, and they don't look like they are dying, they are alive and well. How do I get rid of...

Spiders, ants, centipedes.oh my! [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a new apartment and everyday I am killing teeny reddish-brown spiders and very light colored (beige or almost clear) very thin legged spiders, also short, fat, brown spiders. There are also tiny ants and winged ants and the worst are centipedes or millipedes. My question is do...

View more questions Search