Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    molly111 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 07:40 PM
    Confused on total premium and policy purchased
    I was given a Adjust Trial Balance for January 31, 2010, the Prepaid Insurance was $2,142 and the Insurance Expense $357 fro January 31, 2010, and was asked if the amount Insurance Expense is the January 31 adjusting entry, and the original insurance premium was for one year, what was the total premium and when was the policy purchased? What I did was took $2,142 and divided that by the $357 that gave me 6 months and the $357 would be the premium? Is that the correct way?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 08:47 PM

The 6 months is correct. However, the 357, as already stated in the problem, is the expense for January.

If 2142 is for 6 months and is what is left in the prepaid account, and the policy was original for one year, how long ago was it purchased, and how much did it have to be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is better Vista Home Premium or Windows 7 Home Premium? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HP Pavilion desktop that came with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I have had to run system recovery about 5 times since I bought it in 6/07. The back up system which initially worked doesn't and I have to back up files manually. It crashed again and I'm now having to do a recovery...

How does the Constitution address policy making vs. Policy implementation? Thnxs<3:) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm thinking it has something to do with Congress versus the President. Like one does the policy making and the other engages in policy implementation. But I don't know which one is which :/ Any feedback is appreciated! Thnxs:)<3

How to find beginning retained earnings with total revenues and total expenses [ 1 Answers ]

The company's total equity increased by $32,000 during 2011. New stockholder investment during the year totaled $65,000. Total revenues during the year were $500,000 and total expenses were $460,000. Cash on decreased by $7,500 during the year. What amount of dividends did the company declare...

Difference between domain group policy and DC policy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, may I know the difference between domain group policy and domain controller policy. If I want to restrict a user who is accessing the local drives and CD drive of a client machine and internet. How can I prevent the user/user. Thanks varughese abraham.

View more questions Search