Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 02:11 PM
    Quick question on breeding guppies,
    I was breeding guppy's a couple months ago and then the mom and dad died, but I still had over 30 fry. Now the fry are grown up and I noticed I could finally see the male's gonopodium (I swear it popped up overnight). He has been bugging the females lately... but could have he impregnated them before I noticed the gonopodium (I mean a few weeks ago, not a few days)? Should I expect babies in 30 days, or will it take longer for them to... mate.. because there still young (About 3 months)? There already about an inch in length..
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2010, 12:42 PM

More then likely your fish are pregnant. Guppies breed like rabbits! A lot of people who own the big fish will breed guppies and feed them to their fish.. lol Horrible, I know.

Here's a website for you http://www.breeding-guppies.com/breeding.html
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2010, 01:34 PM

Thanks Lucky!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat Breeding Question [ 7 Answers ]

I have a really weird question that I hope someone can help with. How long does a male have to be on the female in order to do his thing? How long should we leave the male and female together? Last but not least, when will we know that the female has been bred?

Quick question [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I just have a quick question I hope some of you can help me with. Basically there eis a group of friend about 4 of us that I am really close too butone of the other 4 I just don't like and I have tried to be nice etc but I just cant. He always says something about me to other people and winds me...

Breeding question [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got a 5 month old black lab from a breeder. The breeder came recommended from a colleague that also got a lab from the same litter. Tiko which is my dog was pick of the litter by the breeder who kept him for his son to raise so he could use him as a stud later on. It so hhappened that...

Quick question [ 1 Answers ]

;) Do you see a move for me this year, newbiemouse?

Quick Question? [ 5 Answers ]

There is this girl on my msn . I have been talking to her since about 6 months ago and she says she likes me a bit more then a friend . Anyway I was thinking this is kind of crazi but some of the stuff she says is really cute and so yes I like her. I want to know what I should do . Should I meet...

View more questions Search