Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JK191 Posts: 151, Reputation: 31

Sep 11, 2010, 11:45 AM
    May have undergo surgery for the 3rd time
    I've already underwent penile surgery twice, once for phimosis (when I was a kid) though that was just a simple cirumcision.

Thing is, the circumcision left my penis with another problem, it started developing a really extreme curve downwards, I underwent surgery again that involved skin grafts and skin bridges. Thing is, one of these skin bridges snapped. This means that if the damage was severe enough, I may have to undergo a third surgery to fix the damage. I'm getting the complete checkup as soon as possible this week.

I already discussed this with my doctor and there is the risk of sterility and erectile dysfunction.

Now, this is causing me great distress. I'm slowly starting to accept the new look of my penis and even new feel to it and now there's the risk of it not even working anymore.

The simple thought of this is making me extremely scared because I've always envisioned myself with a family. I'm also only 19 and didn't really want to end my sex experience after only 1 long-term partner and a couple of 1 night stands...

I don't know, I can't even assess the situation properly AMHD...
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 12:07 PM
    I don't think any of us have the medical knowledge to diagnose what the future will be, because of your medical condition.

It is important that, before you start worrying too much about the 'what ifs', that you see your Doctor, and ask him specific questions as to possibilities of dealing with sterility, and/or erectile problems. He is the only one that knows your medial history, and the only one that can give you the information you need.

Because the future events have not yet happened- i.e. possible third surgery, complications, etc. no one can offer help.

Try not to worry too much, until you speak to your Doctor, and see what he has to say. I doubt your questions would surprise him in the least.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3rd Time I'm Late [ 3 Answers ]

This is my 3rd time late. I've been feeling nausea on and off all day just about everyday. My moods are crazy.. I go from laughing and joking around to crying. It's weird. I'm only 19 and I don't have insurance for a nother month or so, so I can't go to a doctors yet. I do eat a lot but I'm eating...

3rd time felony [ 2 Answers ]

A good friend of mine has 3 felony's as we speak and currently has a few warrants out right now for the last felony, the last being possession of cocaine. What do you think is the average sentence time for something like that, and is there any possible way to get house arrest? The 2 felonies...

She's my girlfriend for the 3rd time! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey My girlfriend Carolyn wants to be my girlfriend again. I told her that I would think about it and Tell her later. Then, her friend Cerny wants me to say NO! What should I do because if I say yes Carolyn will be happy. If I say no Cerny will bw happy! Which way should I go?

View more questions Search