Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpaigew Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Never Get to See My Daughter
    Hello, I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend. Here is his situation: He has a 3 yr. old daughter with his ex-girlfriend. At the time, they both lived in FL. She has now moved to MA with the daughter. My boyfriend sends money each month - there has never been any court ordered custody or support payments. He did sign the Birth Certificate. However, recently, he received a letter from the State of MA stating they were suing him for child support because the mother is on welfare in MA. It also stated, If he was sending non-court ordered money, to stop sending money until ordered by the state.
    He does go to MA to visit his little girl, however, there are many other factors - the mother is a prescription drug addict and an alcoholic. So, needless to say, the visits are few and usually end early because of her drunken outrages while he is there.
    Also, while the mother and daughter were still living in FL, my boyfriend did contact Family Services because of the drunken states he would find the mother in with the little girl. Family Services made 2 or 3 surprise visits, the mother was sober, so the case was closed.
    What can my boyfriend do? He does want custody of his daughter.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2006, 01:33 PM
    He should hire a lawyer and file a petition for custody. He has been pretty foolish for letting things go without court ordered support/custody.

He will need an atty to represent him in MA in the support issue as well. He also needs to get together his cancelled checks to prove he has been providing some support.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 11:14 AM
    He needs to go to court and file a motion for custody. I'm not sure, but my guess is that Fla. Would still have jurisdiction so the place to do it would be in the Fla. Court system. Speak with an attorney to be sure. Be sure to share with him/her all correspondence received from both Fla. And MA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Looking for my Daughter [ 15 Answers ]

I have a 20 yr old daughter, Jennifer who 5 days ago disappeared, left everything in her apartment, quit her job and is helping her troubled fiancé hide from the cops. I don't know where she is and if I should call the cops or get involved. She could be in trouble. She is very naïve and trusting...

My 5 Yr. OLd Daughter [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 5 and in kindergarten. She has said she has kissed 2 boys from pre-k and talks about boyfriends. She always checks her privates out and even touches herself and smells it. She talks about boobs buttholes and penis's. She said she seen a penis sticking out of a photo and I looked at...

Help my Daughter! [ 1 Answers ]

Excuse me, if my message does not correspond to rules of your conference. We live a small city in the Samara Region called Chapaevsk in Russia. Our daughter Lenochka is 14 years old. Since childhood she has been suffering from a very serious disease lymphostasys of lower extremities. Last year...

My daughter needs help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old daughter. I live in Virginia and she is in Arkansas with her dad. I just spent thousands of dollars because my daughter has begged me to get her back. I had a lawyer and also my daughter had an attorney ad litem. I was in court in Arkansas all day December 3rd for the hearing...

View more questions Search