Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 09:28 AM
    My yorkshire terrier
    Could you help me find out what is wrong with my dog, she's 17 and I know she is old but I feel like she is starving because she is not eatting, she has lost all her teeth about 3 years ago and her we tongue now hangs out the side, even with no teeth she had a really good appitite but now she won't eat anything and I don't know weather its because she can't eat or won't eat, she is drinking water but not enough, she has got extremely thin and I don't know what to do to help her,

Help please, thank you
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 09:43 AM

Wow, 17 certainly is old age for a dog. Has she been to a vet recently? I know it's horrible to think about but there may be something going on and her age could be playing a big part.

What foods have you tried?
    At her age I wouldn't worry so much about special dog foods, she has earned her right to have some chicken dinners.
    Most dogs love boiled chicken and the best part is it rarely upsets their stomachs, in fact I would recommend sick dogs try and eat some chicken.

Even if you can get her to eat I would still book her in to see a vet as soon as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone heard of a Yorkshire painter called Chris Stephens? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out about a painter called Chris Stephens who is originally from Yorkshire. I've got 2 of his paintings to sell and can't find information about him anywhere. Thanks

Looking for yorkshire pudding recipe [ 2 Answers ]

My grandmother and greatgrandmother were both from England, and yorkshire pudding was a specialty of theirs. However, there is no "recipe". It's just a little of this and some of that. I would love to make the yorkshire puddings for my own family - does anyone have any good recipes for this...

Yorkshire Terriers [ 2 Answers ]

I have a yorkshire terrier and I was wondering she is three yrs. And in heat not registered but still want to register her but in the mean time she gets hooked up with a non-registered yorkie and ends up having pups can she still be bred with registered yorkies or what damage does it do? Do you...

View more questions Search