Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cet55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 07:59 AM
    Is social security disability considered as income and do I need to claim it on unemp
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 08:08 AM

You can't sign for disability and claim you are physically able to workl AND sign for unemployment, stating that you ARE able to work but cannot find employment.

This has been discussed on the Board before. Are there special circumstances?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IS disability income either from Social Security or Prudential taxable [ 11 Answers ]

Mu social secuirty disability is 2050 a month. I bought (through my former employer) long term diability insurance with after tax dollars (no employer contribution). The total between the two is approx 5400/mo. Is this income taxable and if so to what extent?

Social security disability tax free income [ 1 Answers ]

You have stated that Social Security Disability is not taxable as income. Is that from IRS Code section 104 (a)(1) or somewhere else?

Supplemental security income and social security disability income? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are approved for supplemental security income and social security disability will you get full benefits from both or will it get cut in half and if your children receive ssi will their benefit be effected?

Taxes on social security retirement v. Disability income [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to file for social security this year, the first time I am eligible to obtain social security without being penalized and to obtain my maximum amount at 65 years 10 months (born 1942). My disability carrier is having me file for disability under social security. If I am approved,...

Income tax responsibility for Social Security Disability [ 1 Answers ]

I was collecting Social Security Disability before I started back to work last year in Feb/07. When I started back to work I called the SS office and advised I was going back to work and they advised I would continue to collect my checks for 9 months. After the 9months I still can not get them...

View more questions Search