Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shipshape123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Is this a hippa violation.
    I work at a massage clinic and went to another massage clinic (a chain) to get a massage. The nexyt day my boss came to me and told me that she knew that I had gone to that other clinic. I had filled out an intake form at the clinic where I received the massage so they had all of my personal information on that form. Is this a violation of HIPPA?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 08:38 AM

It was a massage clinic correct ? Nothing medical about it, did not include your ssi number or any other sensitive medical information, so not a HIPAA violation. Your boss knowing you went to another massage clinic means very little. Your outsourcing a job at another clinic.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 10:36 AM

Did they give this information to any non employee ?
    shipshape123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 06:15 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    My medical information is on that form so that is where my concern lies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

HIPPA Violation? [ 3 Answers ]

In the Local paper -it explains and shows success story of 2 children, it give the names and ages, as well their family they are living with name and address, these 2 girls are foster children living with a foster family. They are under the age of 18 and are still in the system. Is this a HIPPA...

Hippa violation [ 6 Answers ]

In the office a boss discloses her husband is a heroin addict to a friend who's also a subodinate. The subordinate tells another office friend who then tells the boss she heard that her family has addiction issues and questions her compassion. The boss then very irrate demands this person tell her...

Is This a HIPPA violation [ 7 Answers ]

My Father recently passed away after an industrial accident and being hospitalized for four months. We requested and had to pay for an autopsy. We got the preliminary autopsy results and as I was reading them felt there was something wrong. I then looked again at the first part of the page and saw...

Is this a HIPPA violation? [ 4 Answers ]

I worked at a hospital as director of a department. To be able to download and access particular records in the department my password was used. Tow employees used the password and when I asked the IT department to allow me to change my password they refused since the program we were using to...

View more questions Search