Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BerBerloves1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 07:49 PM
    Any ideas besides adding sugar to make tonic water tolerable to drink?
    I find that tonic water is helpful for my restless legs syndrome, but it is so bitter!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 08:01 PM

Its supposed to be. Its quinine diluted in soda water which is bitter.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
    I know this isn't much, but a little at a time and you get used to the flavor. I used to hate it and now I have no problem almost like Soda Pop.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 11:38 AM

I used to love vodka tonics with a squeeze of lime, maybe you can delete the vodka (if you want;))and just add a squeeze of lime. It doesn't sweeten it, but it does take away some of the bitterness. Also, my dad would drink tonic water with a drop or two of Angastosure (sp?) Bitters. (I realize that sounds funny, counteracting the bitterness of the tonic water with something that has the name 'Bitters' in it, but you never know!) I haven't tried tonic water that way, but he seemed to enjoy it.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 06:17 PM
    Oh I forgot, try the diet, it is very sweet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any benefit from tonic water [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any benefit to taking tonic water for your leg cramps?

Can adding tap water to your pregnancy test make it positive? [ 3 Answers ]

I have tooken two test that were out of date. One said positive and the other didn't. I took a new test and accidentally dropped it in the sink with tap water. It showed negative then when I looked at it thirty minutes later there was a slight blue line making it the positive sign. Am I pregnant?

Does the sacrificial rod in a water heater make the water toxic to drink? [ 1 Answers ]

Does the sacrificial rod in a hot water heater - - the rod that very slowly disintegrates over the years - - add poisonous chemicals to the water in the tank and make the water unfit for drinking by humans?

View more questions Search