Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScOrPio_95 Posts: 23, Reputation: -4

Sep 10, 2010, 05:19 PM
    fractured hand?
    About two days ago I fractured my hand.Today it is swollen 2x the size of when I fractured it.What can I do to help the swelling?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 05:21 PM

Try icing it.

Did your doctor give you any medication to help with inflammation?
    ScOrPio_95 Posts: 23, Reputation: -4

Sep 10, 2010, 05:23 PM

No they just casted it and told me to get it exrayed again in a week
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 02:53 AM
    Ask for any anti-inflammation medication possible to help,medical people need to be addressed if things get worse.You don't have to suffer any more than you already have.

I broke my little fingers,middle bone on the hand, they call it a boxers break,once I finally went to the hospital(3 days later),they had me laying down and pulled the bones apart,then back together(somewhat), needless to say,I passed out(not only the shock but from my 10 day drinking binge at that time:( )

The swelling took a little while to settle in,but the cast wasn't too bad,except to play pool, HA.

Seriously,contact your medical professional and ask them for something,their advice,that's what they are there for.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2010, 03:53 PM

With the hand encased in a cast it is very dangerous to have this type of swelling - I would suggest that the circulation is being cut off by the cast.

This should be seen by a physician or in the ER. When I broke my wrist the cast had to be removed, I had to wait for the swelling to go down, then a new cast was applied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should a fractured tooth be stabilized? [ 6 Answers ]

I have had a filling replaced in my last molar (#27) 3 weeks ago. Since that time, I have had pain, sharp and exact, on the linguinal surface on the tooth in front (#26) when I chew food especially a seed which causes me almost to jump. If I chew soft food on that side, my upper jaw bone will ache...

Fractured leg? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have a fracture in your lower leg would you still be able to walk on your leg?

Fractured Back [ 3 Answers ]

Hey it's me, About 2 years ago, I fractured my back. Ever since then, I haven't been able to do any tricks, not even a cartwheel. I've been trying to work on my flips and stuff, but my back just won't bend right. I've been working on stretching it out, but when I try to do the flip, my back just...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

View more questions Search