Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bijiou36 Posts: 117, Reputation: 0

Sep 10, 2010, 03:36 PM
    My legs burning!
    Uqhh. I'm having so many body problems! Well anyway my leg is really burining and I don't know why? I think it has to do with this morning: I shaved my legs because I forgot to last night but I did it without being in the shower/bath I just wet a cloth and put soap and it and made it all soapy and put it on my legs like normal shaving so after I shaved I was normal then my legs start burning, anyone know why?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 03:40 PM

Read what you wrote again... you already said EXACTLY why.

You know or should know that's exactly the WRONG way to shave anything.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 03:41 PM

It's called razor burn. How new (old) was the blade? You can't use bar soap; you have to use a product specifically for shaving.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 10, 2010, 03:58 PM

You should try to use shaving cream and make sure the skin is wet. Check your razor as well. You could have cut yourself and the soap got in or maybe you shaved over a cut and it burned. Is it in one spot? Or is it your whole leg? You may have just burned the top layer of the skin with the blades a bit.
    bijiou36 Posts: 117, Reputation: 0

Sep 10, 2010, 04:20 PM

I've shaved like that before, I only do it when I'm in a rush and the times I did it before nothing bad happened & now it burns and no the WHOLE leg burns. The razors only a day old
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 04:21 PM

That only means you got lucky before...
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 10, 2010, 04:55 PM

I found this and though the answers might help as well.
    Why are my legs burning after I shaved!?!? - Yahoo! Answers
    It mostly likely is just razor burn. Maybe it was because you were using a new razor, even though you've done it before, it could burn now.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 04:59 PM

Put some aloe or vitamin E cream on your legs. It will help with the burning, aloe may even help with the redness.

Let your legs heal before you shave again, and never use soap to shave. There are great products out there for women, not all are expensive. Next time, if you don't have the time to shave, just wear long pants and save yourself from the burn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What smells like burning rubber when burning wood in the wood stove [ 2 Answers ]

I have a wood stove and when burning the old telephone poles that were on fire at one time and put out by the fire department sometimes I get a rubbery smell in the house, any idea what this could be?

Swelling in legs [ 2 Answers ]

My father (aged 90) is not very mobile. His legs become swollen due to water retention. He cannot lie flat due to arthritic hip and sleeps sitting up in a chair. This makes swelling even more likely. For a few weeks now he has been wearing tight-fitting stockings to prevent the swelling but...

Skinny legs [ 1 Answers ]

I am a size 11/13 but I have little calves and semi small thighs.. and I really hate it bcause I look like a chicken.. I have been going to the gym and doing the elyptical, and also doing calf muscle builders.. will these exercises make my legs bigger?

View more questions Search