Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yhlengineers Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 01:43 PM
    On page 66 of ASCE-7, what is the load case
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 10, 2010, 10:47 PM
    Please clarify your question as we haven't read the book, and neither have you by the sounds of it.
    yhlengineers Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 07:54 AM
    There are load case A and B at different roof angle in the Figure 6-18A of ASCE-7, 05, I could not figure out what is case A or B. I design a structure to protect equipments ( 480V transformer & switchger) from raining and snowing. The steel deck roof is 15' -0" width x 51'-0" long, its slope is 1/2" to 1 foot. I think it is an open structure ,since there is no walls. How to calculate the wind load on it ? I am not sure I shoud use the Figure 6-18A of ASCE-7, 05 to get the Net Pressure Corfficient. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wind Loads using ASCE 7-05 [ 2 Answers ]

How do you calculate wind loads using ASCE 7-05 for the following structure? A monoslope roof over an open structure. Height = 10', width = 5', length = 100' Lets say wind speed = 90 MPH, Exposure "B". The problem comes with the h / L value. In this case it is 2.0 which falls outside of...

Internet explorer status bar shows "waiting for." message, page doesn't load [ 9 Answers ]

This has been happening for some time, it seems to fix itself but it pops up just when I need to find something on the web, for example. Basically, I start my Internet Explorer, it shows in the address bar my homepage, and my status bar immediately show up the "waiting for" message.sometimes, it...

Wind load calculation, ASCE 7-98 [ 2 Answers ]

I NEED HELP IN DETERMINING THE IMPORTANCE FACTOR______?____________, INTERNAL PRESSURE COEFFICIENT ___?_______AND COMPONENTS & CLADDING___?___ WIND SPEED: 120 MPH(3-SECOND GUST, ASCE-7-98 EDITION) BUILD. CAT.: II EXPOSURE: B LIVE LOAD: ...

Connection good but page will not load on xp [ 1 Answers ]

Have cable isp and page will not load using Firefox as broser

Adelphia.net is my home page and won't load [ 6 Answers ]

Came home and tried to log onto the internet today and adelphia.net won't load the page. I can go into my favorites and get to other places but I need the adelphia page to check my mail. I am on a cable modem with a router connecting my 2 computers together. I have done the shutdown -disconnect...

View more questions Search