Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irealyneedthis Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Sep 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
    What should I do if my friend is going for the girl I like?
    Ive been friends with this person for 8 years and they used to be funny and take everything as a joke but when summer came around he started to change. He got a hair cut his personality changed and things were more serious and he started to talk to more people.

He talked to me half as much as he used to but I still know him the same. I was going for a girl after many failed attempts with others for a while before the summer and he didn't know. But he knows her as well and added her on a online chatting site. Like one of those profile conversation things. We now know her about the same amount and I think after reading many messages from him to her that I have some compertition what do I do ? :(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 02:15 PM

First, how old are you?

Are you dating this girl? I'm a little confused. If it's a matter of corresponding, be yourself. Are you saying that he's more or less putting on a false face, that he has changed not for the better?

Unfortunately dating is full of competition. I have always found sincerity to be a wonderful trait in people I've dated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 02:17 PM

Assume you are in your teens, right ? Okay, step back and wait and see how this plays out. There are, as I always say, a lot of fish in the sea. He is playing 'onupsmanship' with you because he knows you like that girl. Don't play games, life is too short.

Tick

Sep 10, 2010, 02:20 PM

No I'm not dating this girl but I think I have a good chance. I'm 15 and I dno if my friend has changed for the good or bad for and I try my best not to let these things get in the way of me.

Sep 10, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Assume you are in your teens, right ? Okay, step back and wait and see how this plays out. There are, as I always say, a lot of fish in the sea. He is playing 'onupsmanship' with you because he knows you like that girl. Dont play games, life is too short.

tick
    Hmm I guess your right :)
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2010, 08:45 AM

Why not just talk to your guy friend and tell him about your concerns?

If he knows that you're interested in the girl and actively persues her, then I'd get rid of him as a friend.

Could it be that he just wants to be friends with her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How should I tolerate my best friend with another girl who was also my best friend? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi to all here is my story I loved a guy... I proposed him he said you are very good friend really I can't loose u... our relation became very strong we two became my best friend rather he also considers me best friend... a girl who was my best friend always said you two are made for each other......

Girl friend sees me more as a friend then boyfriend.just read it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone one Well I'm 21 almmost 22 and I had a stupid car accident 4 yrs ago... I was racing some kid in his mustang.. for $$300 my car was hit by a semi truck and then fliped 4 times and went in a ditch don't RACE lost my best friend like that... had broken ribs.. and got a concuison.. broke...

Found Out girl friends ex- boy friend came to see her [ 2 Answers ]

Found Out girl friend’s ex- boy friend came to see her, and she spent time with him, She tell’s Me she is still crazy about me, and likes me a lot, so I told her I will give her a few day’s To see what she wants. Well, we ended up spending that whole 5 day’s together. Then on that Friday she...

View more questions Search