Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aneill1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 09:52 AM
    School grants for federal convicts with a drug charge?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 10:35 AM

There aren't any school grants, even for people without a record, unless they have a scholarship to send them through. You can enrol in a community college and pay tuition by getting a job.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 09:00 PM

There are some grants, such as Pell, you will have to see if your drug conviction makes it possible to still get it. Drug convictions do take away some programs.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    There arent any school grants, even for people without a record, unless they have a scholarship to send them through. you can enrol in a community college and pay tuition by getting a job.

tick
    Beg to differ. I went ENTIRELY through school on grants and scholarships. What my scholarships didn't cover, my grants did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Educational Grants for Released Convicts [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to know how to go about getting information on any grants or scholarship programs that may be available for people recently released from prison. With all of the "bail out" money being so recklessly given away, surely there is something available for someone who wants to better...

Education Grants for Ex Convicts [ 6 Answers ]

I was stupid back in 1988 and enetered into a tech school after serving 3.5 years in a Texas prison. The school knew I was just out and never bothered to tell me my degree would be no good due to my criminal history. Now I am stuck with major Student loan. Is their anybody that may know of a...

School grants in Arizona for ex-convicts [ 0 Answers ]

I was released from Arizona State Prision 11/2009 I have been trying to find a job without success, because of the current job market I haven't had any luck. However I have also been attending MCC, where I have earned a B average this first semester. I have decided I would like to attend school...

Grants for Convicts/Felons [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for ex-convicts/felons for education, starting businesses and for housing?

Are there any federal grants [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if there is any type of grants, that can help someone get their CDL, I've been pricing all the schools, but they cost so much. In the past I drove OTR, for about 4 yrs, and I was missing my family grow, so I let my CDL expire, I have a super clean record, but since 2000, when...

View more questions Search