Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Okay, stupid guess--but does he just say "I am 18"--but means the number on the paper (his number in line or something) and not his age? So he's telling the truth when he says he's 18--just lying that he's 18 years of age.
    It's along these lines, but just a little more to it. There is just one word missing from what you said.

I think you will all be laughing when you hear the answer. When you know it, it seems so obvious... but you just have to figure out something about that piece of paper.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 10:09 PM

I'm surprised you're still with us.

Does it have something to do with how he's holding the paper? Um... I'm thinking like "I am over 18" - like literally standing over the piece of paper. Or something like that?
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2010, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    I'm surprised you're still with us.

Does it have something to do with how he's holding the paper? Um... I'm thinking like "I am over 18" - like literally standing over the piece of paper. Or something like that?
    I wanted to see if we could finish the puzzle. I've had this page open all night, but only looked at it about once an hour. I've been busy getting ready, other than that. :)

Yes - that's it. :p

Official solution:
    During the American Civil War, it's estimated that a third of the Union Army was underage. One tactic was for underage recruits to write the number "18" on a slip of paper and put it in their shoe. When asked their age, they could respond without lying, "I'm over 18." He was perfectly honest when he lied about his age.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 10:42 PM
    Oh - I just noticed your comment above about needing to find out the location of the paper!!

So am I right?

(Hey, and I thought of that without seeing what you said. )
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 10:45 PM

Oops - that post was 'caught' in there while the site re-set itself, or whatever it does every night at this time. It ended up posting anyway before I could see your answer.

So YAAAHHHHH! After all this... and I really was having no clue at all.

Civil War, huh? Somehow I was picturing Russia or something. Don't ask me why.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 10:47 PM
    Now I need to go scrounge something up so Unky'll have something to do when he gets here . :)

You have a great time, and I assume we'll see you when you get back!
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2010, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Now I need to go scrounge something up so Unky'll have something to do when he gets here . :)

You have a great time, and I assume we'll see you when you get back!

Thanks. I may peek in tomorrow, especially if I'm having a hard time concentrating on work. I'll be back in November. Have fun with the games!
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 12:15 AM

New thread started over here. Come one, come all:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/games/...ml#post2550405
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2010, 02:01 AM
    A bunch of people are on an ocean voyage in a yacht. One afternoon, they all decide to go swimming, so they put on swimsuits and dive off the side into the water. Unfortunately, they forget to set up a ladder on the side of the boat, so there's no way for them to climb back in, and they drown.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 03:09 AM

Rolcam, we did that puzzle like a month ago, and have done numerous other ones since. It also sounds like you copied that answer directly off some site where you found the puzzle, which is really not the idea.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 03:15 AM

Oops, I'm sorry I forgot something :o

Have a good trip JLo and a really good time :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

And yet another lateral thinking puzzle [ 72 Answers ]

Deep in the forest was found the body of a man who was wearing only swimming trunks, snorkel and facemask. The nearest lake was 8 miles away and the sea was 100 miles away. How had he died? I'm new at this, so we'll see how it goes. I think it is a lot easier than Morgaine's train puzzle :)

How about some MORE lateral thinking puzzles! [ 213 Answers ]

OK, Adam wants more puzzles. :D OK, first one is not really the yes/no question type. It is a lateral thinking puzzle, but more of a riddle and you just need to try to think of the scenario. There may be more than one logical explanation, but you have to guess the right one. A woman has...

New Lateral Thinking Puzzle [ 69 Answers ]

I decided to start a new thread cause ones that get really, really long start making me nutso after a while. This one shouldn't be as difficult as the albatross one was. (But I didn't say it was easy.) I flipped the tent flap open and surveyed the scene. On the floor, in the center of the...

Lateral Thinking Puzzle (Restaurant) [ 174 Answers ]

I brought this idea up on a different thread and a few said they were game, but anyone who cares to participate can. (Since this is games, is it OK to post it here, or should this move to the lounge or something?) The idea is that a scenario is given with very little detail, just a little...

Lateral knee pain [ 2 Answers ]

recently my dad exercised on the elipitical for 40 minutes and following this particular exercise session felt extreme knee pain when kneeling/squatting. On a scale of 0-10 (0=no pain/10=excruiating pain) he said the pain was about an 8 or a 9. the pain is sharp and increases so that its almost...

View more questions Search