Ask
    demia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 03:56 AM
    Instead of priadel what can I take instead?I have kidney problems
    Instead of priadel what can I take instead?I have kidney problems
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 07:51 AM

Priadel is an anti depressant. Priadel has nothing to do with your kidneys. Were you recently diagnosed with malfunctioning kidneys? Are you a diabetic, type 1 or 2? Why are you not addressing this problem with your doctor?

On AMHD we cannot diagnose or recommend prescription meds.

I suggest you talk to your doctor immediately.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Priadel has nothing to do with your kidneys.
    Are you sure it won't affect kidney function?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 08:03 AM

Sorry Tick.. Please do your research first...

Priadel, otherwise known as Lithium Carbonate is used with caution in the presence of renal or cardiovascular disease.

However, I do agree that the OP needs to discuss this with his/her doctor immediately.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Are you sure it won't affect kidney function?
    J, that had occurred to me, but I think it all depends on what other meds the OP is on. I just couldn't say priadel was the culprit. Priadel may be, I say just may be, interacting unfavourably with something else, or a combination of other meds OP is taking. At times, doctors add but don't take away; then client ends up with a lot of negative side effects that last for sometimes months because a new med is interacting unfavourably.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fetal kidney problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 34 weeks pregnant. When I was 27 weeks I got an ultrasound that revealed my baby had a slightly enlarged kidney, it was 5.5mm. The normal size for fetal kidneys is 5mm. At 33 weeks I got another ultrasound to check up on the problem. The size of both kidneys increased by a lot. One is 10mm...

Kidney problems from raw sewage? [ 2 Answers ]

As some of you know I have been having a hell of a time getting my landlord to repair the raw sewage flood underneath of my home, in the past few months I have been hospitalized 3 times due to kidney stones. I had 6 in just my left kidney on 11/20/07. Exactly 1 month prior to that, same thing but...

Kidney problems, Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have noticed some symptoms that I don't think are normal. Well, my symptoms are pressure in my perineum area, sort of like a cramp, and I experience it when I urinate or when land from jumping.. It doesn't happen all the time but it does occur on occasion.. Also I have some spasms coming...

Kidney stones [ 6 Answers ]

Tell me why does kidney stone cause a fever in medical logical answer I want medical answe I,e what happens inside the body makes sweating in kidney stones

View more questions Search