Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seikababy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 07:05 PM
    What to do if my 7 month old puppy got pregnant without me knowing about it?
    I don't think she is. She seems to be still in her first season. She may be having a longer season then usual according to some other female pet owners that I have talked to.We have had a male hanging around our house, I thought that she was in the house with me but my husband had left the back door open and she got out. She has also been around 3 week old puppies and has tried to mother them.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 07:15 PM

Get her to the vet and have her spayed. The fact that she is 'paying attention' to puppies doesn't mean she is pregnant. Yes, she would be in her first season.

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 07:25 PM

You need to take her to the vet, they should suggest a spay/abort. This could be potentially deadly to not only the pups but mom as well.

Please get her spayed asap.

Sep 16, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Comment on Aurora_Bell's post
    Thank you for your comment on this question I do plan to take her to the vet and have cher checked.I will then talk to my vet about my options.

Sep 16, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I am taking her to the vet to be checked I had some other concerns that I wanted checked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potty training an eight month old puppy from a puppy store [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I were at a pet store a week ago and saw the cutest little 8 month old Ratpoo. He was 'on sale' as they were trying to get rid of him as he had been there for 8 months. Our hearts broke for him so we decided to take him home (we also have a 6 YO lab/pit mix girl). We put him in a...

Knowing When Your Pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My Period is 8 days late.. I took a Pregnancy test and it came out negative. What should I do? Should I take another one? Or should I go to the doctor?

Can a 5 month old puppy get a female dog pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

Our older female dog has just come into heat, we have recently got a puppy who is now 5 months old, and he has been getting pretty friendly with her since she's been in heat. Can he get her pregnant, his testicles have not dropped yet, is that a good sign, we can't get her spayed as she has a...

Knowing if your pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

What's the earliest you can find out if you are pregnant or not?

View more questions Search