Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 06:26 PM
    My dog is panting, excessive drooling, whining, acting like his back end hurts. Help!
    I took him to the vet yesterday and he seems to think he may have hurt his back. He gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine to give to him before we go with the x-ray option. I've given him two pills and he seems to still be the same. He's drinking water, eating somewhat normal and going to the bathroom. He just whines when he gets off the bed and sometimes even when he stands up. But when we press on his back and legs, he doesn't seem to mind.

He's a 5 year old 55 pound Golden Retriever / Lab mix.

Any ideas?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:29 PM

I think it's time to get the x-ray done, just to be safe.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 9, 2010, 09:04 PM

Please do not press on his back legs, even if he does not whimper in pain, he may be in pain! Also, is the medicine prescribed by the vet? Don't give him any other medicine. Be gentle with him, and try to keep him comfortable, and eating and drinking until the vet can help him. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaking, whining, ears back, and rapid panting dog [ 9 Answers ]

Molly is a female rat terrier and her birthday is 12/2/04. She's shaking, whining, her ears are back, rapid panting, and it seems as if her heart beat is going a million miles per hour. However, the worst is that when she walks she walks very slowly and when she sits she looks as if she's almost...

Excessive whining. [ 1 Answers ]

My ten week old puppy was fine two weeks ago when I brought her home, but for the past few days she has been extra needy and whiney. Is this normal puppy behavior? It seems like a stage. How do I deal with it? She also is sniffing EVERYTHING and runnning around like a mad puppy. She is healthy, and...

Cat has swollen tongue, excessive drooling [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please help me with a question. My cat has been drooling excessively for the past 24 hours and we just opened her mouth and saw that her tongue was swollen. We plan on taking her to the vet tomorrow morning, but would like to comfort her tonight. Would benadryl help reduce the...

Excessive Whining [ 15 Answers ]

We adopted a beautiful 2 year old Beagle/ Italian Greyhound Mix this weekend. She is housebroken and very sweet, but when we leave for work she will whine and yelp the entire time we are gone. Anybody have any training tips or ideas that we might try to help her feel more comfortable with being...

Excessive whining from my Sheltie pup [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I have just brought home a seven week old male sheltie puppy, (also in house is a five year old female Sheltie, and two cats). The first night home, I put him in his crate, and he screamed for literally an hour. Because I was at my parents house in NY, to pick him up from the breeder, I...

View more questions Search