Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcastillo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 02:42 PM
    I am a permanent US resident of the USA. Can I travel by plane within the country?
    I am a current resident of the USA with a visa that will expire in 4 years. I currently live in New Mexico but hope to travel to California next month. Can I travel by plane? If so, do I need a passport and how or where do I get it?

Sincerely
    Rocio
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 03:12 PM

Traveling by plane is no problem at all. You will need to have government-issued ID with you when you travel, and also be sure that the name on your ticket matches the name on your ID. The ID could be a passport, or drivers license issued by a US state - see the TSA website for a complete list of acceptable IDs: TSA: ID Requirements for Airport Checkpoints

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can f1 student change his status to permanent resident in usa [ 1 Answers ]

Am an F1 student,sponsored by my father when I was applying to study in USA.After that three months of entry USA I lost my father by food poison.My uncle that I have in USA,married to my sister and he promised to sponsor me after paying the first tuition he said its too much for him and the family...

Permanent resident card for someone who entered the country illegally [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to help out a guy I know. He came from Mexico about 10 years ago, if I had to guess I would think he came over illegally. Anyhow as far as I know he's stayed out of trouble the whole time he's been here. My brother wants to hire him, but doesn't want to until he can obtain a green...

Passport for plane travel within the US? [ 4 Answers ]

I heard that eventually you will need a passport to board a plane for travel within the United States. Please tell me what date this will become effective?

I am a temporary permanent resident of USA [ 7 Answers ]

I am a temporary permanent resident of USA,I am married of a american,In 2006 I had a DUI wich has been a 6 mounths probation but I done with this,now In October of 2007 I had been plea voluntary guilty of a propery traspasing and a battery with a 12 mounths of provation for each count,and a fine...

View more questions Search