Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbhatia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Chartered Accountant Course in US
    Hi,

I am looking for a Chartered Accountant course for my wife in US. She has cleared her CA Intermediate course in India. She is here on H4 Visa so I guess she can study here. Can you please suggest that what are the courses which she can do here.
    What will be the fees involved. Are these courses online or these courses have to be attended in University.
    Rahulrd Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cbhatia
    Hi,

I am looking for a Chartered Accountant course for my wife in US. She has cleared her CA Intermediate course in India. She is here on H4 Visa so I guess she can study here. Can you please suggest that what are the courses which she can do here.
    What will be the fees involved. Are these courses online or these courses have to be attended in University.
    There is nothng like CA in US. She has to appeear for CPA exam. Go online and chk what r the requirements. U don't need to attend any uni for CPA, its somewht smiliar to CA in india.

So bst of luck.
    c_mouly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Hi,

You can try the CPA in the US. The regulations and eligibility varies from State to state. Variety of Preparatory courses are available in various formats including online format. To know more about CPA eligibility and requirements, take a look at this link - CPAnet Forum: IMPORTANT CPA Info for Aspirants

Regards
    Chandra
    kmphx72 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Hi,

First of all since she wants to pursue her CPA, it depends upon what state you live in. A good website to begin with would be the AICPA. This organization oversees all CPAs in the US. Many states now require that in order to become a CPA, a minimum of 150 college credit hours with at least 30 of those being in accounting are needed. The number of hours for many colleges turns out to be a Masters Degree. Also, minimum amount of work experience is needed as well. If she is able to work for a CPA firm, then I believe a minimum of 1 year is needed. But if not, then she needs at least 4 - 5 years of other accounting work. Good luck to her and hope this helps.
    techtalk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Can somebody throw some more light on this ?
    Sahal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 02:33 AM
    Hi,

It is me sahal from saudi arabia an master holder in business administration,here I would like to do an online chartered accountant courses from us... please let me know that is there any institution providing the above mentioned courses and how can I join for that

Thanks and regards

Sahal
    parihar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 08:56 AM

I want do my final CA course from usa please let me know procedure and fees for the same
    SRUSSEL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 04:27 AM
    I depends on the state you live in.

Steve
    Chartered Accountant
    ArchieOwen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 01:54 AM
    Hi there,

Maybe ACCAcan satisfy your needs.
    I think it's rather good service.

Cheers,
    Alec

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chartered accountancy course in you.s from india? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any possibility to do chartered accountancy course in u.s from india?if possible what is the procedure to do that?

Who is right? My accountant or my co-workers? [ 3 Answers ]

I presently live in a tax free state (NH). My primary office is in MA (has state taxes). My position requires that sometimes I must travel out of MA for 1 to several days during any calendar year. I also have been very recently approved to work from home (NH) 3 days each week. When filing my...

View more questions Search