Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Was this plane a rescue vehicle? Yes

I just asked someone else for their opinion on this and was told I should have said No. How's that for confusing? :o
    It provides an emergency service though.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    It provides an emergency service though.
    That's the way I was thinking of it. That's what makes answering a little confusing - how technical do you get?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:12 PM

Yes, you see it can be difficult answering. Because you don't even know what I might have been thinking by a rescue vehicle. :p (I was thinking including something that could do more than rescues, something like the Coast Guard, but that's a boat. Or maybe they do have small planes too.)

OK, I don't know if I can form this into a yes or no to clear this up. It provides an emergency service, but is not a "rescue" vehicle.

We know it's at least sort of a plane, we know it does emergencies, it obviously also does or can do rescues or you wouldn't have answered yes (even if technically incorrect). Is it relevant for us to get more technical than this?

I really don't mind asking more questions about it. Though I have other things running through my mind at the moment. (As soon as I review some answers again.)
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:25 PM

I think it's best said that it provides an emergency service. I think that's all you need to think about.

My friend that said no said that because it isn't meant to rescue people.

I feel so dumb right now. :p
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    I think it's best said that it provides an emergency service. I think that's all you need to think about.

My friend that said no said that because it isn't meant to rescue people.

I feel so dumb right now. :p
    Oh hell, don't worry about it. Remember, I know what it's like from that side. In fact, that's why you'll find me asking a lot of "OK, let's clear up what this meant" kind of questions.

It's also the same reason I've been known to go back and revise my answers as well. Revise away if you need to.

Oh crap, I have to work in 5 minutes. I better paste my questions in and go clock in. (Hopefully it'll be quiet. I mean, why would I want to actually have to work? :D)
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:56 PM

Was the man's occupation relevant?

Let's clear this up:
    It's relevant that they are a distance from any body of water. But it's not relevant that the lake is specifically 8 miles away? (Going off how you answered Unky's question.)

Was his death an accident?

Did he take his own life?

Did the plane intend on flying to the forest?

Was the man on the plane before he was in the water? (i.e. like he ended up back on the plane again)

Did he know any of the people on the plane?

Did he work with the people on the plane?

Was it the "fall" into the forest that killed him?

Was he actually snorkeling in the lake? Did he intend to snorkel in the lake?

When Unky asked if he got on the plane, you said technically no.
    Did you mean technically not really a plane? Did you mean technically he didn't "get on" said plane?

Hmm. He didn't climb a ladder. He wasn't captured. He wasn't tied to the plane. They didn't rescue him. But he didn't get on the plane under his own power. Weird. Something to seriously consider. (I'm sure you're having a good chuckle.)

Let's clear up another one:
    When you said he didn't "climb on the plane unnoticed" that you were meaning he didn't "climb" on the plane at all. Is that correct?
    So, however he got on the plane, he was noticed?
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:58 PM
    I think this is a no, but was he injured before he got to the forest?
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 07:34 PM
    Was the man's occupation relevant? No

It's relevant that they are a distance from any body of water. But it's not relevant that the lake is specifically 8 miles away? (Going off how you answered Unky's question.) Specific distance is not relevant, only the water.

Was his death an accident? Yes

Did he take his own life? No

Did the plane intend on flying to the forest? Yes

Was the man on the plane before he was in the water? (i.e. like he ended up back on the plane again) no

Did he know any of the people on the plane? No

Did he work with the people on the plane? No

Was it the "fall" into the forest that killed him? Yes

Was he actually snorkeling in the lake? Did he intend to snorkel in the lake? Yes, yes

When Unky asked if he got on the plane, you said technically no.
    Did you mean technically not really a plane? Did you mean technically he didn't "get on" said plane? The latter

Hmm. He didn't climb a ladder. He wasn't captured. He wasn't tied to the plane. They didn't rescue him. But he didn't get on the plane under his own power. Weird. Something to seriously consider. (I'm sure you're having a good chuckle.) Who, me? :D

Let's clear up another one:
    When you said he didn't "climb on the plane unnoticed" that you were meaning he didn't "climb" on the plane at all. Is that correct? Yes
    So, however he got on the plane, he was noticed? No
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    I think this is a no, but was he injured before he got to the forest?
    Well, here's one of those "I'm not sure" answers. My guess is I'm thinking too hard about it, but in the end I don't think it's relevant. If I wasn't thinking about all the possibilities I could just say no.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 09:15 PM

He wasn't noticed, but he didn't climb on the plane on his own? Er... Really, really weird.

Work was busy for a while... I'm going to mull over this for a while, and you can go laugh your behind off over it.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Quick one... did anyone on the plane know he was on it (at some point)?
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 09:31 PM

Just as a note... when Unky asked "Did he climb on the plane unnoticed..."

If the man didn't climb on the plane, especially considering he wasn't noticed, that's a good place to say an assumption was made. i.e. It was never established that he climbed on the plane to begin with, so the question can't work. It's especially confusing if one part of the question is incorrect and the other part is correct.

(And I'm not getting on your case... just pointing it out. I think people think I'm being a snot when I just come back and say "assumption made," but there's a good reason for it.)
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 09:38 PM

Did the man know the plane would be flying to the forest?

Did the plane have a reason for going to the water first (and not just because it was enroute to the forest)?

Was the man ever actually inside the body of the plane?
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Was anything on fire?
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 11:48 PM
    Quick one... did anyone on the plane know he was on it (at some point)? No

Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    Just as a note... when Unky asked "Did he climb on the plane unnoticed..."

If the man didn't climb on the plane, especially considering he wasn't noticed, that's a good place to say an assumption was made. i.e. It was never established that he climbed on the plane to begin with, so the question can't work. It's especially confusing if one part of the question is incorrect and the other part is correct.

(And I'm not getting on your case... just pointing it out. I think people think I'm being a snot when I just come back and say "assumption made," but there's a good reason for it.)
    Makes sense. I should have used that a couple of times. I feel like many of the questions are so close but I need to change a thing or two. :o

Did the man know the plane would be flying to the forest? No

Did the plane have a reason for going to the water first (and not just because it was enroute to the forest)? Yes

Was the man ever actually inside the body of the plane? No

Was anything on fire? Yes
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:19 AM

Was the forest on fire?

Was the man's ending up on the plane accidental?

Was it one of those hydroplane thingys? (Did that get asked?)
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:24 AM
    Was the forest on fire? Yes

Was the man's ending up on the plane accidental? Yes

Was it one of those hydroplane thingys? No
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:33 AM

I have an idea, but I don't know how it would actually work cause I don't know enough about it, so my explanation is not going to be very technical:

The plane somehow has maybe like something attached like a huge tank sort of thing. (Ha - I'm thinking of the big whale tank in Star Trek IV. :D) And somehow they swoop over or hover over the water and get the tank thingy full of water. And the snorkler happened to be there and got scooped up with the water. Then the water gets dumped on the forest fire and he went with it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:43 AM

I'll hide the info below in case Unky wants to play.

I googled the subject and found there are several different types of fire fighting planes, including video. They looked different than I had imagined them while doing this puzzle. I was discussing this with my fiance and he wondered if Unky would know about these planes where he lives. I'm thinking he would???

I'm kind of relieved this is over. :D

Okay, time for bed again.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 12:59 AM

I didn't know about them, so obviously that doesn't make any difference. I knew there was stuff like it, but certainly not specifics. I tried to google it right before I posted that answer and I only read about planes dropping some red stuff, and the water coming from these special helicopters, not planes. But I thought what the heck, it sounds good.

I'd actually thought a long time ago about getting caught in a rope or net or something like that, but couldn't make any sense of what the plane was doing. I was so busy concentrating on the stupid plane that I missed the obvious question of the forest being on fire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How about some MORE lateral thinking puzzles! [ 213 Answers ]

OK, Adam wants more puzzles. :D OK, first one is not really the yes/no question type. It is a lateral thinking puzzle, but more of a riddle and you just need to try to think of the scenario. There may be more than one logical explanation, but you have to guess the right one. A woman has...

New Lateral Thinking Puzzle [ 69 Answers ]

I decided to start a new thread cause ones that get really, really long start making me nutso after a while. This one shouldn't be as difficult as the albatross one was. (But I didn't say it was easy.) I flipped the tent flap open and surveyed the scene. On the floor, in the center of the...

Lateral Thinking Puzzle (Restaurant) [ 174 Answers ]

I brought this idea up on a different thread and a few said they were game, but anyone who cares to participate can. (Since this is games, is it OK to post it here, or should this move to the lounge or something?) The idea is that a scenario is given with very little detail, just a little...

Lateral knee pain [ 2 Answers ]

recently my dad exercised on the elipitical for 40 minutes and following this particular exercise session felt extreme knee pain when kneeling/squatting. On a scale of 0-10 (0=no pain/10=excruiating pain) he said the pain was about an 8 or a 9. the pain is sharp and increases so that its almost...

No septic tank.only lateral lines? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a foreclosure that has been empty for approx 6 months or so. Of course, the mortgage company has taken the AS IS, WHERE IS stance and anything I want to know about, I have to find out for myself. My real estate agent-prince that he is-went "a-digging" and found...

View more questions Search