Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nzou Posts: 62, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 8, 2010, 12:07 AM
    Computer is won't boot only until after switching on off several times.
    My PC, an acer veriton m460, 1.5Gb ddr2 ram, celeron a @220 2GHz 160Gb sata2 hddr, nvidia 9400gt 512mb ddr2. Atapi dvd rom. Are the specs.
    The problem is that whenever I switch it on, it doesn't boot up. First time it just makes a post beep sound but doesn't proceed from there,monitor just says no signal and light goes orange. Everythng will be on,the hddr, dvd rom and all fans.
    When I switch it on again it comes on for a second then off for about 3 seconds then it comes on but doesn't make any beep sound. I then switch it off again and on this time the PSU fan may make a lot of noise, still won't boot.
    After a number of attempts of switching on and off it eventually boots.
    We have lots of power cuts it our country, about 2 times a day, in the morning and in the evening.
    Can anyone help me solve this problem. I hope my mobo is not dying on me.
    I have tried dusting the CPU. I have removed my graphics card. I removed the external usb devices like the mouse and keyboard. I even reset the motherboard by removing the cmos battery. The problem is still persistent.
    ivankruss Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Oct 2, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Have You tried to re install your operating system? There is also a chance that Your mother board is not functioning right- it may be caused by the power cuts. A critical software error if You are using windows is usually not a rare thing either , after an unexpected power down.
    -

Oct 4, 2010, 07:57 AM
    I have reinstalled my OS. Am using Windows 7 and it never gives me problems once it has successfully booted. However I have noticed that when I'm trying to turn it on , the computer makes a funny 'wheezing' noise before it just goes off. All this happens before it gets to start windows.
    We do have several unexpected powercuts. Is there any way other than getting a new MOBO that I can fix this problem.
    -

Oct 27, 2010, 05:16 AM
    Finally solved the problem. The mobo had 3 faulty capacitors that I had to replace. Now it working like its new...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At cold boot,every day the computer need to boot twice [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I change my hardrive which has window installed,and since that,every day when I first turn on my computer,at the first boot,everything is fine up to the window saying window is setting your application,and then the boot stop with no message and then reboot again,and then it boot OK up to...

When switching on the compaq n610c the computer won't pick up windows [ 1 Answers ]

When switching the PC on the windows won't pick up and I have a blank screen

Switching from XP to Vista on new computer - importing messages from Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, everyone! I hope someone can help me. I have just moved to a new computer running Vista Home Premium. I have exported all of my email messages from Outlook Express and trying to import them into Windows Mail. My messages exported as an .iaf file. Windows Mail will not recognize this file...

Switching between two network adapters on 1 computer [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a computer that has two network cards on it. 1) NETGEAR FA311 2) SiS 900 PCI, it is currently using the netgear card, and while it works more or less OK, its very old and won't play an online videogame very well. I've been told by the tech support team to switch to SiS card, but when I do,...

View more questions Search