Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zibaa1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Cat losing voice
    Ever since I brought 2 kittens home my older cat lost his voice why?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 11:11 PM
    Hi, zibaa1!

Just like us, cats have emotions and react in certain ways to show those emotions. You're older cat might be feeling a certain way because of there being newer cats in the home. Do the kittens and your cat get along with each other, please?

My cat meows a lot to get attention from me. When I used to have another cat in addition to him, he hardly ever meowed. I also think that part of the reason that he meows a lot is because he's lonely. I've been thinking about getting a kitten to keep him company...

Thanks!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Sep 8, 2010, 01:52 PM

Lost his voice? What do you mean? Is he not talking? Or does he sound different when he talks?

Sep 8, 2010, 11:03 PM
    Comment on Clough's post
    Thanks for replay
    There are 3 reason he may have lost his voice

a- new kitten and new allergies or germs from them
    b-respiratory infection
    c- hypothyroidism
    They are getting along now

Sep 8, 2010, 11:06 PM
    Comment on hheath541's post
    Hi hheath541
    My older cat voice is changes. He does not meao in regular sharp voice. This happened right after I got 2 new kitten.so I am thinking may be it is due to
    New kitten, or he is depress

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is losing a lot of hair [ 7 Answers ]

My cat is losing a lot of hair why nothing as change.

Why is my cat losing weight? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a male 9 year old Russian Turtle shell cat who went through a constant mewing phase. After that stopped, he started losing weight. Why?:(

My Cat is losing her hair [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been itching an awful lot and is losing chuncks of hair on her neck, she has several sores now with scabs due to itching so much, what could be causing this?

Cat losing her hair [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am having a problem with my female cat losing her hair.She is an indoor cat only and does not have fleas.nothing in her life changes as we are very stable .is this a nervous thing ? I just don't know what it is .

Cat losing belly hair? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a little cat, she is about 3 years old but she was the runt of her litter. She lives in the house and doesn't have fleas or ticks or mange or anything like that, but the hair on her lower belly is getting thinner and thinner. She's not sick or anything, just losing hair/thinning hair, and...

View more questions Search