Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 12:37 AM
    Passing of President Gerald R. Ford
    I just heard the news that our 38th President passed away on 12/26/06 at 93 years of age.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 01:10 AM
    Although I was too young to remember him as President I think it's telling of his character to pretty much remove himself from the public spotlight for all these years.

I know that many people my age didn't even realize he was still alive. What's even sadder is I think there are some people my age who didn't know he ever served as President, which although we were young was still in our lifetimes.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Oh, my home town is in great mourning right now. He was from the city of Grand Rapids Michigan, I got a call from my mother (she lives there) this morning.

My thoughts and prayers are also with him and his family.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 10:52 AM
    He was a good man J_9 - The Below is a quote from President Bush:

"The American people will always admire Gerald Ford's devotion to duty, his personal character, and the honorable conduct of his administration," Bush said. "We mourn the loss of such a leader, and our 38th President will always have a special place in our Nation's memory."

"
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Of course, the thing he's most remembered for is pardoning Nixon. Here's Bob Woodward's retrospective piece about it in today's Washington Post: Writing an End to Watergate
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Yes, I have not much memory of him eighter. Maybe the world would be a safer place if he was our president now instead of Georgie fellow.

That is another story. As far as 93 that is such a healthy age. May his family know that there are many people mourning his loss even people who do not even knew of him or remember him.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten passing mucus [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, We got a four month old kitten today - she appears happy and lively and has a good appetite. However, over the last hour or so, we have noticed that she passes a lot of mucus, her back end is soaking wet and the mucus is literally dripping off her. There is no blood or foul smell. I will...

President [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for Bill clinton to become president again?

Passing over [ 8 Answers ]

My brother passed over, nearly 12 years ago from a heart condition, it was very quick and painless by all accounts, when I'm feeling sad or lonely I talk to my brother and feel he is answering me, what I would like to know is,if this is actually happening or is my imagination running away with me?

A Sad Passing [ 2 Answers ]

>Sad news... > > Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment >community. > The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma >complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71. > > Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of...

F1 to H1 passing substantial pres. Test plus married [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for providing insightful information at the site. Though, I am not sure about my exact situation. Here it goes: I was on F1 until May 2005 in Massachusetts and then moved to California for work on H1B (thus passing the subs. Presence test). Besides, I got married in Dec 2005 in US to...

View more questions Search