Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davtone87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 05:30 PM
    I just had my IUD removed and started BC right away... Period is AWOL!
    Ok so I have recently had my IUD removed due to finding out that I had developed a cyst on the ovaries and was really just ready to have another child soon. The day I had my IUD removed I was on my period started taking BC pills sprintec July 26th (3 weeks of active pills, and last week placebo pills) well the same week that I had started taking my pills ( day 4) hubby and I had unprotected sex. Since then I have kept taking my BC pills, missed a few but made them up the following day, and we had another time about two weeks ago while I was taking the placebo pills and had sex again with out any backup. It is 9/7/10 and my period is AWOL! This past weekend I woke up SUPER nauseous and breasts tender, headaches and a huge craving for potato chips. Took a home pregnancy test and it said negative,went to the doctor the next day and they took one and it came out negative I got prescribed some Phenegran and diflucan for a yeast infection... I don't know what to do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 07:02 PM

You don't know what to do about what?
    davtone87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 07:59 PM
    I am trying to figure out if I should continue taking my BC pills or hold out to see if I will get my period? My doctor advised me to just come back in if I don't get my period at the end of the month...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 06:53 AM

Then your Physician is the person to ask, particularly if you've already had a conversation with him/her. I see danger in either choice (stopping the pills or not stopping the pills) and a trained Physician is the person with superior knowledge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period and getting the iud removed [ 2 Answers ]

Do they perfer you to be on your period when you get the iud removed I just found out I have crevitits caused from my iud and I have to get it removed and I know I had to be on my period will getting it put in and I think I will be starting soon and my appt is Friday and if you are not supposed to...

No period after having the copper IUD removed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 24 years old mother of 2. I had the copper IUD fitted after the birth of my second child 2 years ago. I decided to have it removed because me and my husband want to try for another baby. I had it removed 4 day before I was due to had a period but I have'nt had a period I'm 5 days late now...

Iud removed and still no period [ 1 Answers ]

At the beginning of February I had to have my IUD removed when I noticed it was coming out. At the time I was 5 days late with my period and they tested me told me I was not pregnant. It's now 3 weeks later and I still don't have my period and as of last Friday a pregnancy test still came back...

View more questions Search