Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viewnbehold Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Can anyone help me find a receptionist job?
    Am having a difficult time finding one that does not practice discrimination against full figured women.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 05:01 PM

Go to a Civil Rights Attorney, prove discrimination, win a chunk of money.

Other than that, no one here is either hiring or runs an employment agency.

Is your weight a hindrance in your life? Can you perform the "normal" receptionist duties?

Is the problem your weight - or are you still on probation?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 05:03 PM

This may be why you are having a problem finding a job. It may have nothing to do with your weight at all.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...yc-505638.html
    viewnbehold Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Lol, this is a question for someone that wants to move to NYC. I worked for a Retired Detective and performed background checks and so on. Good observation though!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 06:09 PM

viewnbehold disagrees : One question had nothing to do with the next but they insist on combining the two.
    I suppose you don't understand that we look at prior questions before answering.

If your "friend" had a criminal background we need to know it is your "friend" otherwise it looks like you are the one with the criminal background.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 07:24 PM

But it is not really illegal to pick someone based on their looks, happens all the time. Hooters here in the US is one example,
    And look at most airline stewards. You can't discriminate for race, nationality, religion, perhaps even sexual preference but I can fire someone for having red hair or a tattoo if I wanted to.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 06:59 AM
    [QUOTE=
    viewnbehold disagrees : One question has nothing to do with the other, yet they insist on combining the two.
    .[/QUOTE]

Please read the AMHD rules - my opinion was in no way out of line or incorrect.

One of my pet peeves - the use of the word "they" as in "... they insist on combining the two." Who is "they"?

When "you" post on one thread that you cannot find employment because you are full figured and on another that "someone" needs info on tranferring probation to where you are apparently looking for employment it follows that weight and probation are not mutually exclusive.

For the record, one of my best friends is clinically obese and is considering stomach stapling - and she has a wonderful job which she got based on her merits. That includes spelling. You might want to take another look at your profile info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

KPI's of a Receptionist [ 2 Answers ]

What are the KPI's of a Receptionist?:)

Why can't I find a job! [ 6 Answers ]

I look and look and look and look. But there's no jobs. Everyone is HIRING. But they are either looking for a man or a elderly person, or a person with a degree.:confused::eek:

How can I find what I want for a job [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18 and I'm looking for a job as me and my boyfriend are moving in together and he is putting presser on me about getting a job as we need all the money we can get as we are going to have a mortgage to pay but the thing is I am a very unconfident person which makes me shy, and its making it...

View more questions Search