Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkflower23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 12:04 AM
    How do I get my mom to let me date?
    There's a boy I like at school but my mom won't let me date hin, because she thinks I'm too young, and I'm 13. How do I convince her to let me date him?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 12:24 AM
    You can not do anything to convince your mom, because you are too young.

Joe
    major_soccer_freak Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Dec 27, 2006, 09:57 AM
    I don't think you are to young, dating someone at your age helps you grow as a person. But don't let it all get to your head only dating nothing else. Try and get your mom to trust you more and maybe she will let you date him.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 27, 2006, 10:05 AM
    I have a 12 year old daughter and there is no way I would let her starting dating at 13 either!:rolleyes: I would allow her to hang out with her friends at the mall, sporting events or at my home but not to date! Is this boy 16 years old or older? How do you expect to go on a date if he isn't old enough to drive? Do you know what could happen on a date? You are "just coming of age" right now and your body is changing! Of course you like boys... I did too but it was limited to seeing these boys in school, sporting events or the mall!

Trust me, you have PLENTY of years to date!

Sorry but... I am with your mom on this!

Dec 27, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Well that's true but in the end its all up to the mom, ask your mom to go to a movie with this boy and she can drive you there and she can pick you up to know your safe. And if you have to tell her she can watch the movie to know your safe. Like SINGLE4 said you are "just coming of age" but going on a date will help you develop in your mind as well. But in the end moms are always right and if she disagrees just agree with her.
    cyberslider Posts: 45, Reputation: 6

Dec 27, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflower23
    Theres a boy i like at school but my mom wont let me date hin, because she thinks i'm too young, and i'm 13. How do i convince her to let me date him?
    Be friends with him because mothers seldom change their minds when it comes to dating but dads a even harder when it comes to dating their daughters so setlle being friends with him
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with your mother. 13 is too young to start dating. You've got a lot of maturing still to do and aren't ready to handle the emotional baggage that comes with young dating. You've got your whole future ahead of you and you need to be looking at the long term, not just what you think will make you happy right now.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Pinkflower, I have a daughter that is 13 and she is not allowed to date either. Nor will she be able to until she is 16, well, that is what I say and her Dad says 40 LOL.

I understand how important boys are in your life right now, but your studies need to come first. Your mother is just protecting you from all of the heartache and emotional baggage (as well as some more dangerous things) that come along with dating.
    richsaha2007 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Dec 29, 2006, 01:48 PM
    Dating at age 13? That is too young to be dating. Don't rush to grow up. Enjoy your youth. Your time will come.
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2006, 08:23 PM
    Talk to your mom sit down and talk to her tell her that you are 13 and you are growing up tell her that kids your age are dating just sit down and talk with her abou it

Dec 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by richsaha2007
    Dating at age 13? That is too young to be dating. Don't rush to grow up. Enjoy your youth. Your time will come.
    Dating can be a part of a teens youth, just because a kid goes on a date doesn't mean it's a set-up for them to get pregnant, get real isn't there any trust in the world, a teen can't even date these days anymore. I think 13 is a good age to date not to start dating meaning going on dates every few nights/week, but to go out on a date to experience it and grow from it. Think about it.

Closing - It is up to the mother, if she has enough trust she will let her date, not a lot will change a mothers first opinion but if you work hard enough to show your trustworthy in the future you may get what you want just don't ruin it.
    littleoneoverhere Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 09:47 PM
    Comment on cyberslider's post
    So true

Dec 29, 2006, 09:48 PM
    Comment on major_soccer_freak's post
    Fair enough/very true

Dec 29, 2006, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by major_soccer_freak
    Dating can be a part of a teens youth, just because a kid goes on a date doesn't mean its a set-up for them to get pregnant, get real isn't there any trust in the world, a teen can't even date these days anymore. I think 13 is a good age to date not to start dating meaning going on dates every few nights/week, but to go out on a date to experience it and grow from it. Think about it.

Closing - It is up to the mother, if she has enough trust she will let her date, not a lot will change a mothers first opinion but if you work hard enough to show your trustworthy in the future you may get what you want just don't ruin it.
    Yes this is true but 13 is still young, it would be wise to be careful in what you do. One small date won't hurt? It may but it also may not. Be careful it's up to mum on this one
    rrr Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 03:53 AM
    You are still growing up. I wuold be very unhappy too, if I found someone I like and didn't get to go out with her. But, be careful if you get to go out. Nothing is what it seems. Watch you glass ( someone might drug you ) and don't do anything you don't want to ( you know what I mean). Yes, I am a bit paranoid, but these things DO happen. If you get to, be careful.
    Best wishes, me.
    confusedgirl Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2007, 08:35 AM
    I don't think you are too young to date, I was dating at 13. But I do think you are too young to be starting a serious relationship (trust me you don't want that at your age) umm why don't you get your mom to meet him. Introduce him as your friend and just hangout with him in groups of friends. Have him over, so that your mom can learn to trust him and you. And then once your mom knows him... maybe she will give him a shot
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 09:45 AM
    One thing not mentioned here is the age of the boy. That makes a little bit of a difference here. If the boy is a few years older that is a recipe for disaster. But I vote with the 13 is too young to single date group. At 13 you are a bit too young to think about relationships. Also, you want to show mom that you are growing up and understand her concerns. So compromise. Try a group "date" or just a group hangout.
    confusedgirl Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jan 6, 2007, 09:08 AM
    You I agree group dates are a lot of funn and its much less awkward for you and less to worry about... acutually... a group date is more fun than just a single date.. in my opinion
    ladyamethyst83 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Theres a boy i like at school but my mom wont let me date hin, because she thinks i'm too young, and i'm 13. How do i convince her to let me date him?
    Basically she still thinks you're too young to date. There's no real age I think you have to be to date (ok at least a teenager). 13 is still really young to start dating. You're body is changing and I'm sure the guy you like is changing too. I'd wait till at least 16 to date. I didn't start dating till I was 20. I'm glad I waited. As you age you'll find guys never really grow up or change. At 13 there's so much changing your life you should just wait.
    amberkgreen07AGBBG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 02:21 PM
    I'm stuck w/ the same question. My mom said I had to be sixteen to date!! Can you believe that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Too soon to date? [ 10 Answers ]

heyy everyone, I just got out of a two year relationship last month. It was a downhill relationship after the first year and a half I knew he had changed his mind on wanting to be with me and get married. We had marriage plans, I was very close to his family and spent every day for the past 2...

How do I ask her on a date? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question on how I can ask this girl on a date. There is this girl in my youth ministry group (church thing) that I have a huge crush on. She hasn't gone there in awhile, but I found that she works at a mexican restaurant. So of course it becomes my favorite place to eat. That is the only...

I'm 14 and my mom won't let me date [ 6 Answers ]

I know my parents have there own rules, but seriously I'm 14 and I've been going out with my boyfriend for 9 nine months,& we're really not ready for sex, I want to go out with him without my parents right there in my face. Ugh does anybody have my problems, and do any parents agree with my parents...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search