Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candisinpain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 11:23 PM
    I have a boil now the size if a gulfball
    3days ago I got a boil on my bum and it has gotten worse and worse and now is purple near the head and the size of a gulf ball it is extremely painful I cannot sit down it burns too.. when is it time to take the embarrassing step and see a Dr or should I just wait it out and it will heal on its own?? Can someone advise me asap thanks
    Herron3000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by candisinpain
    3days ago I got a boil on my bum and it has gotten worse and worse and now is purple near the head and the size of a gulf ball it is extremely painful i cannot sit down it burns too.. when is it time to take the embarrassing step and see a Dr or should i just wait it out and it will heal on its own??? can someone advise me asap thanks
    Some of friends had an boil. The best thing to do, to go and see your local physician. The Dr. has the proper medicine to remove it. I know it can be very painful.
    Hope I could give you some help.

Sincerely,
    Herron3000
    crazytrain Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 11:36 PM
    You need to see a doc.
    Or get brave and pop the thing yourself. Remember though it will hurt like h##l
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 11:02 AM
    Please go to the doctor and DO NOT POP IT YOURSELF!! You could very easily get an infection this way.
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Try popping it, like squeezing it. If you do put a bandage over it, so you don't get an infection. If it doesn't pop, see a doctor, he has a syringe, or medicine to pop it, sometimes you have a choice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 08:07 AM
    PLEASE DO NOT POP IT IN YOUR OWN!! This advice has been given twice already and it is not very good advice. This "boil" already sounds like it is infected, once you open your skin by popping you have the possibility of introducing even more infection.

This needs to be done under sterile conditions. Your skin is your body's first line of defense against organisims. Once the skin is broken you have opened yourself up to many organisms and a band aid will not keep them out. PLEASE LET THE DOCTOR DO THIS.
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2006, 01:31 AM
    You need to see a healthcare professional so they can properly drain out the boil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy bum and licking paws [ 5 Answers ]

Kyra is a 2yr old staffy,female. She has ben licking her paws and scratching her backside on the carpet for sometime. Have taken her to vet and this stopped for while but then pessisted again. He came us some cream for her paws and bum. Not sure what else to do?? Cheers

How can I figure out the size of a hard disk in .ASM Language? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem in trying to determine the size of a hard disk > 8Gb, in assembly language, because int13 extensions are not supported. If someone could suggest how to do this, I would grately appreciate it. I would also want to know if I could determine the model, name and vendor of the hard...

Extension underneath a deck [ 1 Answers ]

While excavating, we realise that the sewer line was running very close to our extension. We thought I would be a good idea to installed a toilet into the room and bathroom too if possible. However the sewer line come just above the top of the slab where we would have joined in to go inside the new...

Extension underneath a deck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I intend to add a play room underneath an existing deck. I started digging out to get to the proper height. In the process, I hit a fair bit of sandstone. Basically the brick wall supporting the house is sitting on the sandstone and I have used a jack hammer to cut straight down into...

View more questions Search