Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feniangirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 08:37 AM
    My ceiling old fan & light stopped working. Is this a danger?
    It is about 15 years old and was never wired into a wall switch. It operated only by a pull chain. There is no remote control. All other outlets and switches in the room work fine. I have pulled the chain three times - to make it off. But I am concerned that perhaps there could be lose or broken wires that might some how come together and spark a fire. I really can't afford to get an electrician in right now. Since both fan and light do not work - I would think means no electric is getting to it. Any there another reason for them both going out at the same time? I can't flip the breaker off as it is in the kitchen and I need the other stuff on. I just want to know if I am in danger of a fire. I am afraid to leave my house... Any help gratefully appreciated.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Sounds like the connection to the feed broke to both fan and light switches.

This should not be a problem, and should not cause a fire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Fan and light in Hunter ceiling fan stopped working [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan with four lights. Then without anything unusual happening the fan and lights simultaneously stopped working. I operate the unit using a wall switch. When I turn the switch to "on" I can hear the unit beep so I know that power is going to it, but when I press the fan or...

Ceiling fan/light stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light dimmer with a remote control. The other day it just stopped working. It doesn't work with the remote control, wall switch or the pull chains. I changed the batteries in the remote and I know there is power to the fan. Any idea how to fix this?

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan/Light remote stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 yr old harbor breeze ceiling fan/light that works by remote only. The remote has quick working even though the red light still illuminates when pressing the buttons. I have replaced the battery. When using the wall switch, the fan comes on but the lights do not which is likely the...

Heritage ceiling fan light stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

I took down the fan to fix a wobble (was coming loose from ceiling) and now the light dies not work. The fan blades run but the light does not work. I replaced the pull chain switch and have checked the wire connections twice put still no light. Any other ideas would be appreciated as I cannot...

View more questions Search