Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Oh wait.....they were doing this since longe BEFORE this Pastor threatened to do exactly what Muslims do on a regular basis to OUR holy books.
    Hello again, smoothy:

For a Constitution loving Tea Parteir, you sure want to throw it in the garbage. You'd rather we adopt the policies of Saudi Arabia... I don't know why.

There is ONE consistency in your posts, however.. That's a thorough trashing of our Constitution... I think it's FEAR.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 05:38 AM

You talk the talk, but you don't walk the walk. THAT is the problem here.
    The nutty Rev illustrates is that an issue left unresolved will be gladly picked up by loones to run with it. This is John Brown redux .
    I keep on bringing up p.c. because that is the egg shells we walk on .
    President Obama ordered bibles that were sent to Afghanistan burned ;but comes out publicly against the burning of Korans.
    I hope he understands that what he’s proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans, that this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance … And as a very practical matter, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women who are in uniform.
    Burning Koran a 'recruitment bonanza' for Al Qaeda, Obama says - CSMonitor.com

Why is burning Korans against our values but burning Bibles OK ?

Ex you about playing by the rules ;but it appears there are 2 different rule books ;and they are not treated equally .
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Ex you about playing by the rules ;but it appears there are 2 different rule books ;and they are not treated equally .
    Hello again, tom:

You confuse me with an Obama mouthpiece...

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 05:46 AM
    Well, this is OUR country and WE make the rules here.

The only country I am aware of where a leader actually stood up and said that in recent times is my own, he wasn't speaking of religion, nevertheless Muslims would have heard the message. Very un-PC of him, but that is history
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 05:50 AM

Why is burning Korans against our values but burning Bibles ok ?

Tom you know as well as I do there are many more Bibles than Koran's in the world, they just want to balance the numbers which they will never do, of course. It is PC to be anti-Christian because Christians are in your face, will tell you there is only one way and will say what you are not supposed to do, whereas Muslims are allowed to lie and cheat and kill to achieve their religious objectives which makes them no different to the general population
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 06:09 AM

Hello again,

You'll forgive me, but I have NO sympathy for whiny Christians who think they're being persecuted just like the Muslims are...

Gimme a break!

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 06:50 AM

Muslims are being persecuted ? How ?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    You'll forgive me, but I have NO sympathy for whiny Christians who think they're being persecuted just like the Muslims are...

Gimme a break!
    You have no clue do you?

Voice of the Martyrs
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Muslims are being persecuted ? How ?
    Hello again, tom:

From Wikkipedia:

Political repression is the persecution of an individual or group for political reasons, particularly for the purpose of restricting or preventing their ability to take part in the political life of society.

Political repression may be represented by discriminatory policies, human rights violation, surveillance abuse, police brutality, imprisonment, involuntary settlement, stripping of citizen's rights, and violent action such as the murder, summary executions, torture, forced disappearance and other extrajudicial punishment of political activists, dissidents, or general population.

------------------------------------------

Let me summarize how we've done that exact thing to the Muslims of the world; FIRST and foremost, we support their tyrannical kings and presidents, we invade Muslim country's that DIDN'T attack us, we kill 100's of thousands of them, and call it collateral damage, we render them away from where we caught them to other country's just so they can be tortured, we imprison them forever, we give them no rights, we tell them they can't open a mosque in their own country, and we're contemplating the burning of Korans...

I guess you missed all that.

excon
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You have no clue do you?
    Hello again, Steve:

That's a hell of a thing to say to a Jew. You can whine about being persecuted after 6,000,000 of you are murdered. Yeah, I went to your website. No, I wasn't impressed.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:24 AM
    Hello again, tom:

From Wikkipedia:

Political repression is the persecution of an individual or group for political reasons, particularly for the purpose of restricting or preventing their ability to take part in the political life of society.

Political repression may be represented by discriminatory policies, human rights violation, surveillance abuse, police brutality, imprisonment, involuntary settlement, stripping of citizen's rights, and violent action such as the murder, summary executions, torture, forced disappearance and other extrajudicial punishment of political activists, dissidents, or general population.

------------------------------------------

Let me summarize how we've done that exact thing to the Muslims of the world; FIRST and foremost, we support their tyrannical kings and presidents, we invade Muslim country's that DIDN'T attack us, we kill 100's of thousands of them, and call it collateral damage, we render them away from where we caught them to other country's just so they can be tortured, we imprison them forever, we give them no rights, we tell them they can't open a mosque in their own country, and we're contemplating the burning of Korans...

I guess you missed all that.

excon
    Time to break out the tin foil hats...
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:26 AM

Yeah I did . I thought you agreed we were not at war with 'Muslims '.
    The people you speak of are citizens of nations .Yet you speak as if any actions we take (right or wrong ) is against their religion. This is not the case. You speak of liberating them from the tyrants you complain we support as wrong. . We also liberated "Muslims " in the Balkans against 'infidel 'oppressors . Was our "invasion" there also wrong ? We also freed the 'Muslims' of Kuwait from the tyranny of a different 'Muslim'nation ;and blocked that same 'Muslim' tyrant from invading and conquering the holiest place in their religion. When we helped them liberate Afghanistan against invasion were we also persecuting them?

No one has stopped anyone from building a mosque . What you are saying is that their right to build a mosque supercedes the majority's right to oppose it. So who gets persecuted then ?

As far as burning Korans... how in the world do you see that as persecution ?
    Btw when they burn bibles then are Christians being persecuted ?
    Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Or maybe that is cloaked as a justifiable reaction to their persecution ?
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

For a Constitution loving Tea Parteir, you sure wanna throw it in the garbage. You'd rather we adopt the policies of Saudi Arabia... I dunno why.

There is ONE consistency in your posts, however.. That's a thorough trashing of our Constitution.... I think it's FEAR.

excon
    No... its being pissed off that as a Christian in my own country I can't enjoy the CHRISTMAN season because some whack jobs fight and sue that its unconstututional to display a cross, or even mention Christs name... and then have them pervert the holiday by them making everyone call it Xmas, Happy Holidays or some other freaking thing... because oif you meantion Christ or anything CHristian on a CHrisian Holiday they will take you to court.

And the same bunch bends over backwards to give Muslims even more rights than we ourselves have. And not only American Muslims... but muslims that don't even have a legal right to be here or even live here.

Islam is WORSE than the MAFIA... ISLAM should be prosecuted under the RICO act because nearly everything they do is corrupt and illegal.

If a Christian Church so much as sides with a Republican Candidate they threaten to revoke their Tax exemption... but its fine for Muslims to do non-religous actions while retaining their tax exempt status... not only that... Obama will give them tax dollars to help them. But not if you are CHristian... anything that is remotely political (but only if its conservative) is received with a threat of tax status revokation.

Obama Ordered Bibles Burned in Afghanistan... where is the uproar from the people that got their panties in a knot about the Koran even being threatened to be burned.

And this happened months ago... Under Obamas orders.

Yeah... Obamas really a Christian... he orders bibles burned... and gets his panties in a knot when someone want to burn a Quran.

No REAL Christian would burn his own Holy book and get so upset about a Koran being burned.

BREAKING NEWS: Pentagon Burns Soldiers Bibles - Military Chaplains Attacked

Bet you never saw THAT on CNN, ABC, NBC or any of the left wing media. THey all hate Christians and Jews...

Hoiw any Jew could call themselves a Democrat is beyond belief. Or any self respecting Christian for that matter too.

I suppost you think Sharia would be good, and our Consrtitution should be declaired unconstitutional... because the two can not coexist.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:44 AM
    That's a hell of a thing to say to a Jew. You can whine about being persecuted after 6,000,000 of you are murdered. Yeah, I went to your website. No, I wasn't impressed.
    I thought this wasn't supposed to get personal? Don't try and portray me as being insensitive to the plight of Jews, you know better than that. But YOU laid down the gauntlet that Christians aren't being persecuted like Muslims are and that's a damn lie.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I thought this wasn't supposed to get personal? Don't try and portray me as being insensitive to the plight of Jews, you know better than that. But YOU laid down the gauntlet that Christians aren't being persecuted like Muslims are and that's a damn lie.
    I'll second that... Christians are killed and burned by muslims on at least what appears to be a daily basis.

Suadi Arabia... look how Christians are treated there under Islam. Or any other country Islam has infested in large percentages.

Bring a Bible into that country what happens... try to go to medina or Mecca as a non-muslim see what happens... and THEY are allowed to build Mosques here.

And Islams persecution of Jews is even worse.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 10, 2010, 03:59 PM

At least Muhammed Musri earned another virgin in paradise by convincing Yosemite Sam that they'd move the ground zero site.

Too bad he forgot to tell Rauf.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 10, 2010, 04:24 PM

I am not for burning the Quran. I think that smacks as much prejudice and intolerance as we (collectively speaking) say that SOME followers of Islam produce against Christians and Jews and any other non Muslim person(s).

Build that mosque any other place, I don't care, just not in THAT spot in NYC. I am not saying that because I am bigoted or racist or hateful. I am saying that out of the deepest respect to the lost lives and their families of 9/11.

My two cents.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 05:00 PM

And this happened months ago....Under Obamas orders.

Yeah....Obamas really a Christian....he orders bibles burned...and gets his panties in a knot when someone want to burn a Quran.
    Hello again, smoothy:

That's because it ain't true. According to factcheck.org the bible burning occurred under the Bush Administration.

By your own standards, does this mean Bush isn't a real Christian?

excon
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:

That's because it ain't true. Fun blog Smoothy. According to factcheck.org the bible burning occurred under the Bush Administration.

By your own standards, does this mean Bush isn't a real Christian? Bummer for you.

excon
    Yeah, yeah.. bunch of people tied to the left that support Obama with motives to cover his butt.. Wonderful source... nice try but your claim isn't true.

CNN is who reported on this... not FOX, not a Blogger. I suppose THEY switched sides now. THAT would be a first. The left LOVES CNN... except when something gets covered they wanted to hide by them.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/as...bibles.burned/
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
    Yeah, yeah..bunch of people tied to the left that support Obama with motives to cover his butt.. Wonderful source...nice try but your claim isn't true.

CNN is who reported on this...not FOX, not a Blogger. I suppose THEY switched sides now. THAT would be a first. The left LOVES CNN....except when something gets covered they wanted to hide by them.

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com
    If you read your own source (CNN), you will find that the Bibles were burned under the Bush administration, not Obama.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is a steam burn worse than a hot water burn ? [ 18 Answers ]

I would like to have the answers in short abou t the following : a) Why asteam burn is worse than a hot water burn? b) A pressure cooker cooks food faster c) A car cooling system is usually pressurized d)An astronaut needs a pressurized space suit all round his body e)It is difficult to make...

Can we trust the Koran? [ 221 Answers ]

The problems posed by the scripta defectiva of early versions of the Koran inevitably led to the growth of different centers with their own variant traditions of how the texts should be pointed or vowelized. Despite ‘Uthman’s order to destroy all texts other than his own, it is evident that the...

The Koran and Judaism [ 8 Answers ]

Hezbollah leader, Nasrallah states that the Koran says that if Muslim people kill Jewish people, they will get 7 virgins and go to heaven. Im almost sure there is nothing like this in the Koran. Can you please verify this for me? Thanks a lot

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

Koran [ 2 Answers ]

THE KORAN A concise summary The Koran consists of 114 chapters or Surahs. The Surahs are subdivided into verses, altogether 6200. The shortest Surahs have three verses (Surah 108 and 110), the longest has 286 verses (Surah 2). The Surahs revealed to the Prophet in Mecca are earlier and...

View more questions Search