Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbomb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 08:50 AM
    I have 5 wires to hookup to two coming out of Central air unit, which ones go where
    I have five wires coming from house , white, yellow, red, green and blue. They got cut by a shovel and I need to hook them up. There are two main wires coming out of unit that they connect to. Which ones go where?
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Sep 6, 2010, 09:01 AM
    When you say central air unit are you referring to the condensing unit? If so most commonly red and white. Do you have a volt ohm meter? Set t-stat to call for cooling and check for 24volts...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water exposed wires on a central air unit [ 2 Answers ]

Water got on the wires to the outside central air unit, it sparked and then shut off. Is this repairable?

My Central A/C Unit is not coming on. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My central a/c unit has stopped coming on. I was outside doing the yard and my unit was running fine. I tried weed eating around unit and small wire running from unit to inside house became entagled in weed -eater. I turned off weed-eater and proceeded to remove wire from around weed-eater...

Central heating unit not coming on [ 1 Answers ]

My central heating unit isn't coming on. I can feel heat at the vent, but it isn't blowing, and the unit isn't coming on.

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

Central AC condensing unit not coming on [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a house with Central AC. I tested the unit initially and it worked fine. I just turned it on and the outside condensing unit is not coming on. I went out to look, and I see a white wire that is taped to the insulated pipe coming out of the house, and the wire goes to nothing - just...

View more questions Search