Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redorka16 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 05:34 PM
    Me and My Best friend and the Guy I like
    Hi OK the guy I like likes me too and I liked him for a while now but I just found out that my best friend likes him too but he said he likes me and not her but he doesn't want to hurt her feeling by telling what should we said!
    darrel Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Date him
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2006, 07:57 PM
    A guy is never worth destroying a friendship over. Guys will come and go, but your best friend will be there for you always... Treat her as you would like to be treated in this situation...
    major_soccer_freak Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2006, 08:34 PM
    Well try and talk to your friend about the guy and how you both like him, but don't say anything to hurt your friends feelings. But if you two fight over him just let him go because there's many fish in the sea:cool:

Dec 27, 2006, 09:30 AM
    OK I understand where your coming from but what if I've liked him for a really long time and like last week she just started liking him

Dec 27, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Well I think talk to her and if she's really is a good friend she will understand that you have liked him for a very long time and she won't be mad if start dating him. If you have liked him for a very long time why haven't you asked him out a long time ago, it seems now that your friend likes him you want him even more. In this world it's so hard to make everyone happy, also try this, if your friend likes him but he doesn't like her then eventually she will ask him out and your friend will find out that he doesn't like her, after that happens wait a while then go for it! If your friend doesn't try anything for a while go for it because that would mean she's not totally interested in him. Good luck!::)

Dec 27, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Hey thanks for all the advice but my friend just called me and ask me to ask him out for her what do I do I am panicing!! :confused: :mad: :o
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 27, 2006, 10:14 AM
    BE HONEST WITH YOUR FRIEND! Tell her that he asked you out and that you were scared to tell her for fear that it would hurt your friendship but that you felt you owed her the truth! Tell her that if it would bother her if you would go out with him that you won't because her friendship means more to you than he does!

Dec 27, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Hmm panicing cause you don't know what he will say or panicing to call him. Hmm lets see either call him and tell him what happened and if he likes you he will probably say it then ask him to phone your friend and tell her no go and that he like you and wants to go out with you. Or phone him and tell him what happened then end the conversation and tell your friend he said call him and when your friend and him are talking if he likes you he will tell your friend no go. Hopefully in the end it will all works out. If that's confusing just make sure you talk to him and tell him what happened. Good luck!

Dec 27, 2006, 10:18 AM
    Well the thing is I am kind of mad At My Friend Cause She Called Me And Told Me To Ask Him Out For Her When She Knows I Liked Him... so I Just Figured If She Is Willing To Hurt Me I Am Willing To Hurt Her But I Don't Want To But It Just Doesn't Seem Fair

Panicing Cause I Know What He Is Going To Say Cause I Took Your Advice And Told Him And He Said He Likes Me But He Doesn't Want To Hurt Her Feelings..
    Well the thing is I am kind of mad At My Friend Cause She Called Me And Told Me To Ask Him Out For Her When She Knows I Liked Him... so I Just Figured If She Is Willing To Hurt Me I Am Willing To Hurt Her But I Don't Want To But It Just Doesn't Seem Fair.. what Do You Think He Should Say?

Dec 27, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Yes that's true still try talking to your friend and him first before making any big decisions. Good luck.

Also if he really likes you he should be to afraid to hurt her feelings, tell your friend what happened maybe shell understand.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 27, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Obviously you have already made up your mind! This guy obviously means more to you than your friend! You have been given a lot of good advise thus far and you have the same excuse every time... "that you've liked him for a long time and your friends knows this and it just doesn't seem fair"!

Good luck and I hope he is worth it!:rolleyes:

Dec 27, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Well I talked to him and my friend just emailed me and was all like wait don't do it I changed my mind I like someone else instead of him... so I don't know my friend is messed up in the head

Quote Originally Posted by major_soccer_freak
    Yes thats true still try talking to your friend and him first before making any big decisions. Good luck.

Also if he really likes you he should be to afraid to hurt her feelings, tell your friend what happend maybe shell understand.

Also if you msn messenger what's your addy because I find it easier to talk that way
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 10:37 AM
    redorka16, I have no idea what you just said. So I am out of this post. Sorry.

Dec 27, 2006, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    redorka16, I have no idea what you just said. So I am out of this post. Sorry.
    Do you have MSN messenger

Dec 27, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Sorry I had to leave for a while, just wanted to ask if everything went okay with you and him and if you needed anymore advice.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 10:11 PM
    If your friend has known all along that you have had this crush on him, then SHE is the one disrespecting you and chancing her friendship with you!!
    She is doing the big NO No!! She is doing what I suggested for you not to do so that you didn't jeopardize your friendship - right? That makes her the Jeopardizer! That makes her in the wrong! Not you!
    It would have been different had you both started liking him at the same time; however, this is a whole new ballgame now... You can't ask him out for her! That's crazy! Especially if she knows you've had this thing for him...
    As much as you might not want to right now, you need to stand up for yourself and ask her why she is doing this when she knows you've been interested in him for a long time. As hard as it may be for you to ask, just remember, you will be putting her on the spot - she will be feeling a lot more uncomfortable than you... If she lashes out with an angry excuse (which usually happens when a guilty person goes into defense mode), keep your composure - very important that you not fall down to that level in this situation.
    Cross that milestone and she'll be less likely to run all over you in the future. Also honey, take a closer look at your friendship... I know my best friend would not do this to me and I would never do it to her.
    If she wants to ask him out, she's going to have to do it herself... If they go out, then he's not a trustworthy person either considering that he told you he liked you and not her.
    I hope this helps.
    Kae

Dec 28, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by major_soccer_freak
    Sorry I had to leave for a while, just wanted to ask if everything went okay with you and him and if you needed anymore advice.

Yeah your advice really helped thanks so much!! Me and him are going out now and my friend is perfectly fine.. ;) :cool:

Dec 28, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Congratulations! That's good that everything worked out perfectly in the end. I wish you the best of luck with your boyfriend, have a good new year.

Dec 29, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Thanks so much with all your advice your the one who has help me the most through this whole entire experience... Happy New Year to you too... oh and one more question are you a guy or girl?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with my best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in love with my best friend, I've had feeling for him for 2 years now, and he found out about one month ago, he told my friends that he loved me but not in that way, he said we had gotten TOO close for him to feel anything for me. So I thought he would feel awkward but he didn't, we are still...

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

In love with my best friend [ 6 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

I'm In Love With my best friend and Need Advice! [ 2 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

I don't know who this guy is.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I don't know who this guy is, he's japanese or something. http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p164/king_joseph/32543342.jpg That's where his picture is. Does anyone know? And I didn't get it from a website so I can't find it, I got it from a chatroom and they don't know...

View more questions Search