Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbaker3274 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 10:09 AM
    1998 cavalier overheating
    I drove it for 5 miles without getting hot. Parked it with the engine running, the temperature slowly rose to about 3/4 on the temp gauge. The fan never came on, I tried turning the air on to see if the fan would kick on and it did not work. The coolant started boiling in the reservoir tank and leaking from the cap. The car has A new cylinder head, water pump, and thermostat. Could the radiator be plugged? Sound like a coolant flow problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 11:39 AM

These links should help a lot:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1642158

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 cavalier won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have power and turn the key nothing .I think it's the security system ?

1998 cavalier idles rough [ 2 Answers ]

I'm working on a 1998 chevy cavalier. When its cold, it runs very rough, as it warms up it smooths out to just barely noticeable. It has new plugs, wires, coil, 2 new injectors, new fuel pressure regulator. The problem started after the alternator was replaced. A local shop did all the work but...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Won't Start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier with 236000 miles. I have only had it on the road since April 2008. On three occasions the car has been dead when trying to start. I mean turn the key and nothing happens. No lights and no engine trying to start sounds. On one occasion a jump start got it...

1998 Cavalier Humming Noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 chevy cavalier, manual transmission, and it's starting to sound like I'm flying a plane instead of driving a car. It makes this loud humming sound that cannot be drowned out. It gets worse the faster the car goes. It's been doing this for awhile. I don't understand why.

1998 cavalier engine light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 chevy cavalier with 120,000 miles on it. I need to have the stabililzer link fixed, however it's been over a month and I have not had it done yet. This morning, my check engine light came on and stayed on. This has not happened in about a year or so and it turned out to be...

View more questions Search