Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micha28_f Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 11:37 PM
    Am I wrong to feel that no man should ever hit or hurt a woman no matter what?
    This subject is felt many different ways I was a recovering alcoholic / addict almost 4 years ago. I am a daughter of a enabling mother that is a functional alcoholic and her sorry excuse of a man drunk boyfriend whom lives in her house and an alcoholic father that managed to achieve some great goals like contractors licenses he is doing way better then the punk mooching off mom now...

As to your daughter her being there and not taking care of the most important things in life like her kids is making things bad... And the child is better off with those who care. I had a cps case for my oldest who is now 5 going on 6 in December and fought for 3 years to re gain all parental rights and also keep her little little sister who is 4 now.

And I did now 4 years later I was assaulted by my moms boyfriend a slammed to the ground twice huge lump on my head swollen ankles where he tripped me and swollen neck where he knocked me to the ground along with a bruised back I called the police and was told if the police has to respond to another call to this house and I'm, involved I will be the one taken and cps will be called.

The cops said he says it was in self defense and that's a lie he was pushing with his fat stomach and I pushed him away and all this happened in front of my two kids. CPS came and seen so far the kids should stay with me if any one is going to be removed it will be me and the girls and because I don't feel he should be walking around the house like nothing happen and having my mom tell me it's my fault he did that and now I have to leave and so I do and now cps feels that the kids might not be able to stay what is wrong with his situation I need some help so I don't get my kids taken because I was assulted... h e l p.

Info needed a little more on the b/f, he's a want to be Mexican gangster he is over 50 years old and refers to some of his friends in gang names he thinks he's a bad *** know it all he will cut the grass after asking 10 times and leave it all a mess no raking up clippings nothing and he is known to be a meth head back in the days and would fix cars for drugs but he has a 1990 purple van that does not work so he drive my moms 2009 CTS Cadillac my mom has been working for the gov since she was 18 and since he moved in she is getting sdge shut off notices and she can't make morigage... she has a 4 bed rm house big back and front yard and he came form a beat up dirty 1 bed rm apt that he needs a roommate to help pay rent and so much more.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 01:11 AM

No man should ever hit or hurt anyone, unless he is defending his life or the safety and welfare of others.

A man that hits or is abusive in any way to a woman or child is one of the lowest lifeforms that exists. And their existence should hinge on their ability to change. JMO

I think you need an attorney.
    The police cannot legally arrest someone for calling in complaints when they are being abused. No matter how many times they call.

Is there more to this than you have told us about?

If not you can call every 15 minutes if the situation warrants it, and an attorney will see to it your rights are protected.

Dealing with CPS.
    This is a double edge sword. They are quick to remove the children even when it is not warranted.
    If they are involved never say a word to them without an attorney present.

Never let them talk to or interview your kids without an attorney present.
    Otherwise they can twist and spin what is said to fit their agenda , which may be the farthest thing from what is best for anyone.

I would suggest you get some training , then a job, then get out and on to doing what you feel is right. Eliminating having to justify it or fight about it.

It is a daunting task.
    But has been accomplished thousands of times
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 08:27 AM

No words, no actions, no event is an excuse for anyone to ever hit anyone else. It does not matter if it is a women hitting a women, a man hitting a man, or a man hitting a women.

Only for self defense if there is no other choice ( like leaving the room or location) should we use physcial force.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 09:19 AM

It may be hard but you need to remove yourself, and your kids from this situation, and let your mom deal with her own mess. That's the only way for you to have a chance at getting yourself together, and leaving this dysfunctional, abusive situation behind. There may be help from your local human resource department, or state welfare department, but you must seek a safer environment for you, and your kids.

You can't just stand on a railroad track, and expect not to get hit by one. Now get out of there.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2010, 09:28 AM

A man should NEVER hit a woman unless he's trying to defend himself.

If you value your kids and yourself, you need to pack up and leave your mother's house. If all else fails, try a battered woman's shelter or a homeless shelter.
    flower_child23 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 06:53 PM
    I didn't even read your description, but a man should never hit a woman under any circumstances.
    UNLESS:
    He is in danger of his LIFE.

That sounds like a high standard, but really, it's a basic standard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident, no police report, being avoided by the man who hit us [ 5 Answers ]

Texas. My husband was on his way from work and got hit by 3 cars. The vehicle who cause the accident did not have his insurance with him , he claimed his wife had all the info. There was no police report. My husband got his name, address, and phone number. My husband has been calling but no...

Hit man movie [ 3 Answers ]

Two men take woman for a car ride for hit in a empty building. One is a hit man.

The Hit Man sound-alike [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there - a dance hit was released in the early 90s that had a chorus that sounded very similar to the song The Hit Man which was also released in the 90s. No idea of the band or the name of the song - I'm hopeless! But, I am sure that someone out there in music know-it-all land will be able to...

I feel like the other woman - I probably am [ 7 Answers ]

I'm married, but have recently entered into a relationship with my former fiancé. He is in a relationship with someone else (dating), but we've come to love each other once again. I am not happy in my marriage, and he is not happy in his relationship. We make plans to get together to spend some...

View more questions Search