Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kar33n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 05:05 PM
    Why am I having back pain after sex?
    I recently started doing crunches daily, but today when my husband and I had semi-rough sex my back began to hurt shortly after. I don't know if it's age related, but I'm in an arranged marriage and my husband is much older than I am.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 05:08 PM

Are you doing your crunches with an instructor? If not then there is a possibility you are doing them wrong in some way and it affects your back. Your lower spine is the balancing beam for the rest of the body. So if either the front (stomach) or back (spine) get messed up it can affect the oppisite area as well. If the pains are sharp and not just the achey pains of excersize then see your doctor.
    GirlInAus Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Sep 4, 2010, 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the information. The aspects of your marriage, being arranged and him being older, shouldn't be an aspect in your pain.

What we do need to know is how long have you been having this back pain? Was it just today?

If it's something that's never happened before, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try different positions when you next feel the urge and see where it takes you. If you still have some problems, the doctor is the way to go!
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 4, 2010, 08:19 PM

The pain may be from the crunches. When you lift your upper body, your lower back should stay on the ground and not lift. Also be sure to stretch after the crunches.
    kar33n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Thanks for the answers, I think it may have been the crunches because now it doesn't hurt anymore when I do them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, weakness or sweating and low back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Fever,nausea,vomiting,abdominal pain,weakness or sweating and low back pain what this symptoms shows

Is there a connection to back pain and foot pain [ 1 Answers ]

The bottoms of my feet hurt started with both legs feel week,along with sharp pain in both calf muscles,nqw my feet feel cold and tired all the time,I do hve some back prombles.I don't have diabetes or Arthritis so I been told could this be back problems that has spread to my feet.

Fourteen year old with allover back pain and coccyx pain from skiing fall [ 3 Answers ]

In February this year I went skiing for 2 weeks in waterville valley, New Hampshire, USA - a few days into the second week an inexperienced skiier like myself lost control and cut me up causing me to fall and I landed fiercely on a bit of ice which -just like when you fall on your bum or knock it-...

How do I treat bunion-related foot pain that is also creating severe back pain? [ 5 Answers ]

I began using orthotics some months back to relieve severe foot pain - the result of two toes that are not in alignment. I found some relief, but I've recently experienced sharp, stabbing pain in my lower back and upper thigh. I am trying to find the connection, but the doctors I've seen either...

Is there a connection between back pain and right foot pain [ 2 Answers ]

For past few days I had middle back pain after a feeling of some muscle contraction. But I started feeling better, but today I am feeling pain in right foot on outer side. It feels like I am straining while walking.

View more questions Search