Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellspuppylove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 04:33 PM
    What do I do if my friend is cutting?
    My friend started cutting over a boy...
    Today I was on webcam with her she was crying in pain from cutting her legs . I don't know what to do . I want to tell my mam but I don't want to lose her as a friend , but id rather her hate me then to lose her completely , what should I do ? She said shed throw herself out a window if I told , but I can't sleep or eat with worry for my best friend and the worst part is she's 12 .
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 04:52 PM

She needs help. Her parents need to know. They need to stay on top of this as suicide threats need to be taken for real. Also with them being 12 any scars created now will grow with time. This needs to be stopped right away.
    Do the right thing.
    GirlInAus Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Sep 4, 2010, 06:18 PM
    I think this is something well beyond your control. Cutting and suicide attempts are a very serious matter.

You need to inform her parents and let them take the right steps for her, instead of this weight being on your shoulders.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 06:32 PM
    I understand why you are sick with worry over this, I would be too.

What you have to realize is, this is just not her venting, or being upset. You have seen what she has done, and because you know what she has done, it is a fact. You are not guessing, or imagining anything.

Had she wished to keep it a secret, she would not have told you.

As a friend, my opinion is, you have an obligation simply as a human being, to know that someone is desperately in need of help.

Tell your mother immediately, and enlist her help to go, in person, to visit your friends mother.

If you do not say anything, this will not be resolved, and she will not get the help and support she needs.

All you need to do here, is the right thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is cutting herself. [ 15 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a perfect life, perfect face, body, has guys chasing her, a great at home life yet she admoits to cutting herself with pride. I ask her if anything goes on she can tell me but she says that she does it because it's a new expirience. I'm really scared for her, no matter how...

My friend is cutting herself. [ 13 Answers ]

I'm on my cousins account, so hi. Well, it was the first day of 8th grade and my friend looked sad so she showed me her cut marks and started to cry, she even said she wanted to kill herself, and it was an option. What should I do, its invading my brain now.

Friend may be cutting herself [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is 18 and is incredibly overly dramatic, everything to her is the end of the world. Right now she's in college, in a rocky relationship, and so forth. Recently, her girlfriend of 7 months of her had a short breakup of 4 days. And in that time she was crying constantly to my other...

Cutting friend [ 8 Answers ]

My friend says that she used to slit her wrists but she stopped but recently she showed my other friend her scars and she says that the cuts look really new and we're worried that she may still be doing it. I don't know what to do but she's been acting really strange recently.

My friend is cutting. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I'm in 8th grade and about a half year ago I realized my friend had cut herself. She promised that was the only time and that she wasn't going to do it again. But at school the other day I realized that she had cut marks on her arm again. I asked her why and she said to get rid of the pain....

View more questions Search