Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supertaraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Mother has died and now Grandfather is wanting us out
    My mother died recently and her and my grandfather are one the deed. Well at my mothers funeral he informed me and my husband that he wanted us out in 60 days. So after a couple days I said that I would not be able to pay rent save money and keep the bills running. I just found out today that he has a letter noterized that if I don't pay rent he will kick us out in 4days. Can he do this? We have been living with my mother for around 3yrs now. So can someone let me know if I have a leg to tand on. :confused: :confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2006, 01:31 PM
    Hello super:

You're considered month to month tenants. As such, he has to give you 30 days notice.

However, depending on HOW the two were listed on the deed, your mothers half of the house might have gone to you instead of your grandfather. Before I simply left, I'd check it out.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to adopt a baby you know the mother would never give up [ 6 Answers ]

My bestfriends niece is one month pregnant and fourteen years old the father of her baby is fourteen as well, my fiancé and I have talked about adopting their baby only because we both know that she and the father can not take care of that baby and I know for a fact that it will not be safe in the...

Debts owed from mother who died intestate [ 1 Answers ]

My mother recently died with no will, no (real) assets but an enormous amount of debt. She was receiving SSI and Food Stamps, and was on Medicare. She had been diagnosed with cervical cancer in January 2006 and Medicare had paid some of her medical bills, but there is still a large amount owed from...

Mother died left land and payments to me [ 6 Answers ]

We live in fla. THe lady whom my mother had a contract to refused to honor my mothers contract, and is making us start over on the payments for the land. My mother died of cancer after paying on the land for 5 years. The mortgage company did honor her contract for the double wide that was placed...

My father died now my mother is kicking us out. [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: My father died a couple yrs ago. My mother decides to bring in another man into her life. She is asking my brother and me to move out or buy the house off her. My question is: are we entitled to any part of the house? My father didn't have time to do his will. The house is now paid off....

Have I been in touch with my great grandfather? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been doing genealogical research on my family tree since my father died in 1980, but have hit snag after snag in my search due to family members not passing information down to the next generation, fires that destroyed important written information, etc. I recently, however, was able to...

View more questions Search