Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roshh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 11:41 AM
    Details regarding GRE?. please help
    Hi friends

I just completed my engineering in computer science this July 2010.
    I am looking for job, but its not working out any where. So in mean time I am planning to prepare for higher studies. But I do not have complete information for the same. Please guide me.
    I am yet to start preparation for GRE.
    Please tell me
    -> When can I give the next test?
    -> I heard next year the pattern is going to change? Is it true and beneficial?
    -> Are there any reputed institutions which do not take GRE scoring for Masters program?
    -> The books I need to refer?
    -> Before how many days should I register? And how to register?
    ->
    -> How are scores calculated? Like what should I concentrate more so that I can get good score?

Please help me..

Thank you,
    bluefairy_nebul Posts: 163, Reputation: 18

Oct 8, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Hello Roshh,

->You can take the test when you are fully prepared. It will take three to six months of intensive study depending on your capacity of learning, proficiency in English and analytic ability.

-> Yes , old pattern of GRE is going to be changed soon- from 1st August 2011. It will be much more difficult than the present style, for example- you will be allowed to use calculator in the upcoming pattern which indicates that the analytic section will be very tough.

-> NOPE, GRE is a must to do to get an admission.

-> BARRON"S GRE is the mother book for novice GRE students. NOVA math bible is the best for quantitative section. Other books you can use are-Kaplan math workbook, Word Smart for Vocabulary and BIG BOOK- where you will encounter 27 real GRE tests. You must buy some GRE softwares for mock tests before the real exam.

-> You should register when you are totally prepared- three weeks to one month before your desired test date.

->http://www.ets.org/gre

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About GRE [ 1 Answers ]

May I know how eligiblty for GRE and what are the prearation needed in that?

Who can give gre [ 2 Answers ]

Can only students doing a 4 year degree course give gre or can a 3 year graduate also give it?

View more questions Search