Ask
    santiago5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Tankless water heater versus regular water heater
    I need to know basic water heater tank maintenance
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2010, 08:09 PM

You need to ask specific questions. Your title and your question aren't related.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 4, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by santiago5 View Post
    I need to know basic water heater tank maintenance
    For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by FLUSHING NOT DRAINING on a regular schedule. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white or yellow grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clear. Now flush out your hot water lines on ALL fixtures that are affected . Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back together the same way you took them out. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my answer, Tom
    Your question about tankless v. Regular water heaters will be determined on a case by case basis. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Merits of regular versus tankless hot water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Merits of regular versus tankless hot water heaters.

DMAND Water Pump with Tankless Water Heater [ 9 Answers ]

Thinking of purchasing a DMAND water pump which, supposedly, will bring hot water to my faucet 3-5 times faster than it does now. Right now, it takes about 90 seconds of running the faucet to get hot water to my kitchen sink. Does anybody out there know how well this system works with a tankless...

No hot water in tub/shower, new tankless water heater [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, A month or so ago I decided to remodel my bathroom. The bathroom is very small and a portion of it was taken up by the water heater tank. To get more space, I decided to install a tankless water heater. I demolished the bathroom, taking it down to the studs. A handyman friend of mine took...

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

View more questions Search