Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omaritss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 11:39 PM
    I buy a car from a seller from another state and through eBay
    Hello,

I contacted a seller to buy his car and he is from another state, he will ship the car to me in his expense and he wants the payment process to be done through eBay and he wants me to pay cash to Western Union office then to complete the application.

I received an invoice from eBay that they can guarantee my money in case something
    Bad happened. But when I contacted help center in eBay website told me this scam and I've to refuse the process of payment.

Actually the seller gave me a VIN for carfax certificate and I found out the information in carfax is the same info the seller gave me.

I'm confused right now and the car is ready to be shipped, just I need to complete the requested application.

I need your assistance and help please, the car is priced 2900 $ and I don't want to loos it.

Thank you for your cooperation,
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 3, 2010, 05:00 AM

Run, don't walk, away from this deal - it's a scam!

If you didn't buy the car on eBay, then the eBay protection service is NOT available to you. Any money you put towards the seller's accoungt through eBay goes directly to the seller without any protection for you. It's a common scam - someone "sells" a car on line (not on eBay, but perhaps through Craigs List), uses a phony VIN that they found for a car that someone else is selling on line (that way the Carfax report checks out OK), and claim to be willing to ship it to you for free. They want you to use eBay to pay, telling you that your money is protected, but it ISN'T protected (since you didn't buy the car through eBay), so the cash goes right to his account, and you've been scammed. I think this is what eBay is trying to tell you - that it is a very common scam.

More details of the scam are here: Car Seller Scam - Common online car scam takes your money and you get no car

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 17 year old buy a car in Washington. State [ 5 Answers ]

Can a 17 year old buy a car. Or can you sell a car to a 17 year old with ouit parents consent

Would You Buy This On eBay? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm always surprised at what some people collect... And as we have lived in Asia off & on, I'm going to put together the deals required to sell things on eBay & Amazon . One thing that my friend recommended was (here's a link to the one's the sold on eBay) Cowrie shells I'm always...

Ebay policies, what do they mean, is there enforcement, when a seller refuses to sel [ 3 Answers ]

What is the law cocerning interrnet purchases. I bought a vehicle on Ebay It was on reserve, I met the reserve and won. HIse immediate deposit. Now the sellers says he made a mistake and won't sell. He listed the vehicle for sale on his homepage site? What rights do I have?

View more questions Search