Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickyg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 09:37 AM
    Foot Pain
    I have moderate pain and swelling on the side of my left foot (outside), slightly below and to the front of the ankle. No bruising, no major injury... lasted for about 5 days, improves a bit with elevation and ice...

I run, am a bit overweight, not diabetic,

NG
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2006, 10:11 AM
    You need to see your doctor. It could be a form of arthritis called gout. While gout does typically affect the joint of the big toe, it can also affect the area you are experiencing this pain.

Please see your physician or, better yet, a podiatrist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periodic stabbing foot pain [ 18 Answers ]

On the top right side of my right foot about halfway back I would from time to time get a quick stabbing pain. Starting last night it's frequency ranges from every few seconds to every few minutes. Ouch! Any ideas of what's causing it?

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Side of foot pain [ 10 Answers ]

I am having pain on my right foot on the side. It is painful if I walk a lot and with certain shoes. Even aerobic sneakers make it painful

Foot pain need help [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm in marching band and I've done so for the past three years (this is my fourth) and I've never had problems with my feet it's always been my knees and sometimes ankles. However recently, I've been getting these sharp pains in the arch of my foot when I stand on the balls of my feet when I'm...

View more questions Search