Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clueless2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 03:49 PM
    Drain in tub does not line up with pipe underneath tub.
    I have a whirpool tub that was draining slowly, so I took out the stopper and when I looked down the drain it was off center, by half. Should it be like that due to the type of tub/venting or whatever? Or is it installed wrong? How do I fix this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 2, 2010, 04:29 PM
    This is a typical trap hook up for a whirlpool tub.(see image). If yours is different take a picture and let us see. Regards, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub drain pipe dripping sound after shower [ 6 Answers ]

After I use 2nd floor bath tub(shower pan), I hear a dripping sound inside the wall. The sound lasts long when the shower is taken long and it lasts short when the shower is short. Luckly (^^) I have not found any water mark on the kichen ceiling which is directly below the upstair bathroom and on...

Black water pipe underneath bath tub, is that connected to bath? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm taking apart my bath tub I guess its fiberglass I'm cutting it in pieces because I don't know any other to do it, but I saw that it has a black drainage pipe right in the middle of the tub underneath. Is that connected some how and can I cut around it or do I have to disconnect it from the...

Toilet Drain Pipe overflows when I flush or drain tub.why? [ 2 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet or drain the tub in my upstairs bathroom, the water overflows from the toilet drain pipe. I snaked this drain after removing the toilet, but the water is still backed up to near the top of the drain pipe. It will slowly drain, but takes hours to clear the drain. Please...

Cracked/Crumbled tub drain pipe, best way to repair. [ 6 Answers ]

House built in the 50's, and the original drain pipe from the 1st floor tub extends about 12" down into the garage below. This pipe has cracked/crumbled right at the elbow (has a small bend that looks like a 5" trap) before running horizontal with the garage ceiling. What is the best way to fix...

Pvc tub drain to abs pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new white PVC tub drain kit, and I need to install a trap and hook it into an existing ABS drain/vent. The tub drain has a threaded fitting (which the instruction sheet calls "PVC adapter") at the bottom outlet of the T, which attaches to the T with a "polywasher" and "compression nut"...

View more questions Search