Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknownguy123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Theft under 5000, 15 yo, Brampton, Ontario
    Yesterday I was caught at Walmart for trying to steal something worth $10, I am 15 years old and due to this they said I have to talk to an officer but its just a caution. However when the officer came she told me that I have already used my 1 caution for marijuana possession and I was shocked to hear this, my parents were also there. My parents did not know about the incident, and my mom was in tears.

The officer then gave me a court card and said I have to go to court in a month, and the day before I have to go to the station to get fingerprinted and photographed. It was my first time stealing and it was a very stupid and impulsive idea.

I am going to grade 11 and plan on going to university for sure, but the officer told me that if I am convicted at court it will be on my record, how do I keep it off my record. I did some research and found that each court has its own diversion program with different eligibility rules. But in several places it said the diversion program is only for first time offenders, so my question is am I a first time offender since the marijuana was a considered caution.

I am to go to the "A. Grenville & William Davis Court House, Ontario Court of Justice". What is this court's diversion program eligibility? And I have to keep it off my record as I am academically good and plan on further education and a good job.

Am I allowed to have a lawyer? And if so is it recommended?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2010, 09:03 AM

Having a lawyer is always recommended, and in a case such as this... would be allowed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under 5000 ontario [ 7 Answers ]

So, I stole money from my employer of 1200 I admitted because I know nothing about law or being interrogated. They have me on camera. I have a lawyer. My disclosure says that the crown is seeking custody! I don't know... Am I going to go to jail? This is my first offence...

Theft under 5000 in ontario [ 7 Answers ]

I originally had this huge post made up... but I'll skip the long winded thing and get right into it. I got caught for theft under 5000 (about $350) It was a spur of the minute thing as I found out I forgot my debt card at home and only had cash. I even started to put the items back but for...

Ontario theft under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my mom caught steeling toothbrush from grocerry store she is diabectic patient She got ticket what should I do she is around 60 years old how can I save her pay 5000

Theft under $5000, in ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I got caught under section 334(b), theft under $5000, in ontario first time. Need to appear in court. I'm guilty and would never ever going to do this mistake. I would not like to get those under my record. What are things should I do. Can anyone guide me for this please, so that my carrier not get...

Theft under 5000 ontario ? [ 2 Answers ]

I recentlly was held in jail for 5 days due to a child support issue during this time I was brought back into court before my 5 days was up and was charged with theft under 5000 x2 now these charges where from where I worked as a superintendent over 5 years ago. The crowns disclosure stated they...

View more questions Search