Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreamday Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Dec 26, 2006, 01:13 AM
    I need some advice on losing weight.
    I'm 16 years old and weigh 260lbs. I do not gain or loose any weight. I'm stuck! I've tried many diets but find that I do not have enough will power to actually stick to the exercising. I'm tiered of hearing rude remarks from guys and people at home and school. They don't know how bad it hurts to be overwight. As always my new years resolution is to loose weight. Whose isn't right. My docter won't perscribe me anything because I'm so young and I don't like the though of drug's either. My ideal wight is 150lbs I would be the happist tennage girl the world if I weighed that. I want to that much wight by August of 2007 to show the people at school how much I have changed not just on the outside but the inside because I would feel more confidence in myself. To show those rude guys what they would miss out on a wonderful nice sweet loving girl. I figured the math and I would have to loose about 15 to 20pounds a month to reach that goal. If I didn't reach that goal I would be OK but I would at least like to be down to 200lbs by than. If you can help me or any advice I would appreciate it if you can't help thanks for even glancing at this story/question. Any advice would help. Thanks alote.
    Thanks bunches
    (dreamday) candice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Dreamday, honestly the only healthy way to do this is through diet and exercise. As for diet, I don't mean like different "fad" diets, I mean healthy eating habits.

Will power will come into play when you are serious enough to lose the weight. Losing weight is a battle, there is no doubt about it. But if you really want to, you can win this battle.
    MistyGurl Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Dec 26, 2006, 09:08 AM
    I agree with the health expert totally I would start by just doing easier things you don't have to go to a gym or do a hard work out. Just walking 30 minutes or more a day will greatly help you! The first week I would start walking 30 minutes every day and drinking lots and lots of water and cutting back on high fat, fried foods and sugar and salt also and then go from there eventually the will power to loose weight shall kick in!
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Lack of exercise may be your problem. The lack of exercise can make you gain weight, and make you stay stuck, so keep on dieting, and exercising. Losing weight is like a war battle. So pretend you are battling out at war, and if you keep on exercising, and getting the proper nutrition, you will win the battle. Don't feel bad, I am 204 lbs. and I used to be 217. I am 33 lbs. overweight, and used to be 46. I am already getting through this battle, if you do what I do, you'll win. ;)
    little_tiger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:14 AM
    As a teenager I weighed 275lbs. I know what it felt like to hear rude remarks at school and always feeling horrible about myself. Its not nice to be there, and I struggled with losing weight as well. In a despirate attempt to loose weight I did all kinds of stupid things, but all of them failed. The only way I lost weight (and keeping it off) was to start excercising and eating healthy. I cut all starch out of my diet (and I absolutely LOVE pasta) and ate fruit, veg, meat, and NO fat!! And I had to teach myself to know the difference between really being hungry and just craving something to eat (yes, there is a difference). The only way is to loose the weight you want to in the longrun (I don't mean light years from now) but if you do it like flash gordon it will just come back again. And get something like that very sexy lowrise jean and slimfit top to KEEP you motivated (I promise you its worth every minute of gymming/walking/jogging the day you fit into it!! ). And another fact is to be realistic about the time you can loose a certain amount of weight in. Weightloss is not a temporary thing, it's a way of life, its forever otherwise the weight will just pile back on again... The other big reward is to walk past people who haven't seen you in a long while and the do not even recognise you because you just look absolutely STUNNING!! That also makes all your hard work pay off bigtime! But remember, you are doing this for yourself, not for anyone else! For you.
    You have all my support from South Africa and I wish you The most amazing luck you can ever think of! I know its hard, but it is so worth it, for yourself!
    (please note, this is from personal experience... )
    hdcook Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2006, 08:49 PM
    Hi Tiger,

You serious about lossing weight. Well I got some advice for you then. First thing I want you to do is go to the mirrior and look at yourself and imagine what you would look like at 150 your goal weight. Before you start anything always begin with the end in mind. Now next thing you need to remember is you are doing this for you and only you. Now here we go. If you want to lose this weight, it has to be a life long change and you want to take care of yourself. Remember that! You want to do things that will make you feel better in the long term. For example, From now on you want to get 8-9 hours of sleep every night. Lack of sleep stresses the body. Two things that make people over eat are stress and depression. Hey I have been heavy set and I have battled depression. Not good when they go together. Sleep may not seem like much but the little tings count. ANother little thing is soda's. YOU know if the average person switched from soda to water he could lose from 10-20 a year. Doing nothing else but just doing that. If you are a soda addict, try drinking diet sodas and only between the times of when you get up and 3pm and limit yourself to one or two a day. Hey I still have a soda form time to time. Diet of course. YOU see we can change little things. Now you have to promise me you will eat more from now on. Ya more. You see you burn fat and calories you have to have fuel. Try eating 6 small meals a day. If you can't do 6 at school then do 4 or 5. You get up and have breakfast first if you can. Try to get something small in between breakfast and lunch. If you like low fat yoget or unsalted nuts or low fat string cheese(my favortie). Have a small lunch unfried lean meat like chicken or fish or even beef. Have a veg have 2 or 3 vegs. My only rule with that is no white vegs. Have a sandwich with whole wheat bread. Make sure it says whole wheat. When it comes to exercise try walking. And you know what find something funny to do. Try to do some light lifting if you can get to a gym and make a game out of it. Lifting light weigth will build lean muscle which with walking and maybe joggig later turns your body into a fat burning machine. So go get this you can do it I know you can do it but you have to know it.
    admiralsfan Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Jan 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
    I lost 85 lbs in a year so maybe I can help.

Take a look at what you are eating and how much of it you eat. If you eat a lot, cut back on the amount you eat. Eat things that are healthier for you. But don't starve yourself. If you need a snack, snack on fruits and vegetables.

Stay away from the following:
    1) Soft drinks
    2) Ice Cream
    3) Pizza
    4) Fast food
    5) Fried food

The biggest dieting secret: Drink a lot a water. A gallon a day at least. It will flush you out plus suppess your appitite.

Exercise if you can. Even a 20 minute walk is exercise.

I did this and dropped 20 lbs in the first month. I was 19 years old at the time. I'm not saying you will drop 20 lbs like that but I was obese. Hope this helps. It will be hard at first but you can do it.

It's not about dieting. It's more about a lifestyle change.
    Alea295 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 06:39 PM
    The main thing is excersize, and eat healthy. What I like to do is plan dates for playing sports. If you like a certain sport go and invite friends and play. Drink plenty of water and you'll do fine. The other key thing is to eat right. Don't start to be anerexic, or bulimic,( which I'm not saying you are) you shold eat healthy things that taste good. Eat the main food groups and the nutrition you need everyday. Just do these things and you'll loose a lot during the months. Don't push it with the excersize though. Just try you best and have fun with it!!
    Amy1968 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 08:50 PM
    I agree with everyone. Excersize is good for you and also eat healthy... I have been told a lot of fruits and vegetables are great. I walk 20 minutes a day. Also stay away from the high fatty foods and watch your trans fat intake. Anyway just try your best and good luck.

Amy
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 04:46 PM
    OK, Dieting is a hard deal but just a few simple changes will make a difference. First really look at what your eating, and especially how much. Do you eat a lot of fast food, fried food? If you can keep a journal for 1 week of the things you eat, it might shock you. You need to eat more grains, like wheat breads, a lot more veggies, you need to cut out all sweets, fats and whole mile products, try low fat milks, yogurts and fruits. Make yourself some salads and cut up chicken add celery, tomatoes cukes, avacados, sprouts califlower or broccoli, nuts! Use the spritzer dressing that are low fat and also have less calories per squirt! Cut out colas and drinks tons of water especially before all meals, and stop eating 2 hrs before you go to bed. Read nutritional labels and it the first couple ingredients are sugar, or a syrup try to avoid it. Use foods that say LOW FAT and exercise everyday, walk, jog, bike, move your body, dance it's a great exercise! And try you best to ignore the guys at your school, give yourself a new start and in no time you will start seeing results, focus on the new and improved you and they'll be eating their hearts out before you know it!
    jessieshuai Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 14, 2007, 10:21 PM
    I can help you lose weight successfully.
    Here's an easy and effective way.
    Oh! My Herbalife: Success stories: Dangerously overweight teenager is put on Herbalife by her doctors

If you'd like to give it a try, email me.
    Please answer the following questions:
    1. Do you really want to lose weight?
    2. How much weight do you want to lose? Your age, height & weight?
    3. Have you ever tried to lose weight?how?
    4. Why didn't it work?
    5. Why do you want to lose weight now?

Email me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am losing interest! [ 3 Answers ]

I posted about a girl I care about earlier. Maybe it isn't love, but I have sacrificed a lot for her. Anyway, I didn't do anything out of the way to her and she seems to be falling away from me. She seems to bore me now. How do I spark back up the relationship. I don't want to loose her. ...

Losing weight and feeling energized [ 1 Answers ]

I am an average height person of 5'5 and my weight continues to fluctuate between 140 - 150 which is close to normal weight for my height. However, I have a little bit of flab on the lower part of my torso just above where my waist is almost like a small beer belly. However I don't drink beer that...

I'm losing my life [ 5 Answers ]

Im a first year student at a university in South Africa. I was one of the top hundred stundents last year in high school for the whole region. Now I keep on going down. I have lost my passion for school and I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I know I want to start a business but I don't...

Memory Sticks Losing IT (and so am I) [ 10 Answers ]

Hey Guys, Got a problem that none of the computer whizzes that I know can figure out. I have two 512 Meg memory sticks in my memory bays. Some times They both run at 512 a piece but lately one has dropped down to 32 megs from 512 to over a few days time in 64 MB jumps. The other went down...

Losing it! [ 7 Answers ]

I have two young sons, 3 & 7. I am married, but my husband is seldom home. He works constantly so he doesn't have to deal w/the responsibility of raising the kids. To say they are WILD would be an understatement. They have NO respect for me or the limits I try to set and enforce. Every day is...

View more questions Search