Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 06:34 PM
    Can my pto be taken away even though I got put parttime
    I was a full timr employee with pto ,bonuses, and because I refused to work the register .because I didn't like what they wanted to do to us if the register came up short. They were going to be taking out an hour pay from the employeer on the register . So I said no I don't want that , and so they took 2 days away from my work days so now I work 3 days aweek that made me part time ,and they too my pto , bonuses ,and vacation away,,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 06:46 PM

They should not have been able to take any PTO that was already acrued. However, if part time employess are not eligible for PTO or vacation time, then you won't be either from the time you went from full to part time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 07:36 PM

Well first they can not just "take a hour" away from employees that work the register, if you work 8 hours, they have to pay you for 8 hours. If you keep coming up short, or if you are seriously short, they may deal with that specific employee as to owing the money.

As for benefits, a part time employee may not be given them, as long as it is not to any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parttime accounting courses [ 1 Answers ]

I completed my MBA with Finance & Marketing specialization. I had job experience of 2 years in marketing. Now I had joined in another organization in Finance section. For my career development, is there any short term courses are available? And they must be parttime. If it is possible, up to...

Should I say I'm sorry, even though they hurt me? [ 7 Answers ]

First semester of college I lived in a dorm with a really bad roommate. She was just about the worst person I had ever met in my entire life. Just to give you an idea of how bad she was, the first week of school she made fun of me because I don't have a boyfriend (which I said nothing), and she...

Parttime job with existing Customer. [ 1 Answers ]

I am serving with accounting software sells and implementation firm. My responsibilities are to implement the software and give after sales support. One of my customer's accountant was fired due to non conformance. That customer asked me to do part time job for him. Do I legally or ethically...

Dual resident or parttime? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife did some billing work for her brothers medical practice in Denver. The majority of the work was done on-line from California as we are California residents. She stayed with her brother for a total of about 45 days, listing his address on all payroll/w-4 Ect. Does she file as dual or part...

View more questions Search