Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jujubee8378 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 10:22 PM
    Start a new with my ex
    First off, thank you to anyone who reads this, it is greatly appreciated.

I dated this guy for a year, and we broke up about a month ago. He was an amazing boyfriend--everything I've ever wanted and more, but because he spoiled me so much... I kind of took him for granted (which I didn't realize until now). For the last few weeks I was way too belligerent and didn't give him enough space. I didn't treat him right. We spent way too much time together and it was my fault for demanding it. He was so amazing, and when we first broke up I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal, or it wasn't going to be permanent... so we decided to stay friends.

Somehow he still loves me, thought I was a great girlfriend, and desires me (I know this because he's called me sobbing about it at late hours of the night, saying how he can't sleep, the whole deal)... but he's scared to commit again. He's afraid and confused because he thinks I'm the same dependent person--I AM NOT!

I've learned so much this past month about everything I did wrong and about myself, and I want to TREAT HIM RIGHT! Please, I don't need a lecture about how I should get over him or how it's my fault--i just want him back. I love him with all my heart, and unfortunately it took until now to realize how much he meant to me. We are both miserable as "friends", we're trying to force a friendship in when we both know its not right. I AM SICK OF PRETENDING! Sometimes he even acts like everything is fine, but every few days he'll give in and start crying or something like that . (I know he's not fine) I don't want to move on, or get over him. I want to prove to him who I am and that he CAN be happy with me... I don't want to "get back together" I want to start a new relationship! Please, how do I prove that to him? Flowers? Surprises? I was thinking about telling him how I feel then giving him a week or a few weeks of us not talking to get some space and think about it before we hook up or anything again. Is that a good idea? I don't even want to jump right back in, I just want him to CONSIDER "us" again because I know how happy we'll be. I'll do anything...

Thank you so much to anyone for the help, I'm desperate (sorry it's so long)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 25, 2006, 11:17 PM
    Its real simple , tell him how you feel and what you want and see what he says.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2006, 03:37 PM
    I think that telling him how you feel then giving him time to respond is your best bet. Don't pressure him but be honest and upfront about how you feel.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Make him dinner. Take him somewhere fun. Do something for him for a change. It sounds like he did everything for you, try being, nice back to him. Of course he's scared. He gave everything, you took everything, and now your promising change but your not showing him any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

96 t/c Will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 96 t/c that will not start and it sounds like the fuel pump is not kicking on.Do I need to drop the gas tank to take out the old one or is it somewere else. And does this have a reset switch on it if so where is it.Or should I replace my fuel filter.

Where to start [ 2 Answers ]

We want to invest 30,000 per year and retire in 15yrs. How should we start and should we pay off our existing home loan?:eek: :eek:

How to start this! [ 2 Answers ]

At general Electric, shift 1 produced 4 times as much as shift 2. General Electric’s total production for July was 5,500 jet engines. What was the output for each shift.

Start up [ 1 Answers ]

Upon start up of my pc, the message "please check video cable connections" comes up. There is no web cam or video equipment connected to my computer. I then must shut down the system on the modem and start all over before the windows screen will come up. Could you help me resolve this problem?

View more questions Search