Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 1, 2010, 01:41 PM
    Does anyone see black when they go into another room from getting up?
    Sometimes when I go into another room, maybe with a different lighting I see black for a second. For example, today I got up off my couch and walked into the bathroom and I could feel it happening for a couple seconds and when I had looked in the mirror I saw black, I couldn't see my whole face, but some was visible, then it went away and everything was normal.
    I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else sometimes.
    For me it's not constantly happening but it happens frequently but only for a second when it does.
    Is this a sign of low blood pressure or something [mine's always normal.] Btw I am 15 years of age.
    Thanks for everyone who helps me by answering!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 01:42 PM

You need to see a Physician.

Sep 1, 2010, 01:46 PM

Thanks I may. I notice it's when I'm on the computer or watching TV and if the lighting is different in another room sometimes so maybe it's just the blood rushing back for a second.

Sep 1, 2010, 02:36 PM

My mother and I talked and it may be because I don't always eat and drink enough, and also for people my age blood pressure can quickly drop and go back like that. So it may just be both of those. Although if it get's worse we will get it looked at just to be safe, because my mother had these symptoms once and had a seizure, although my are not bad. So I'm just going to eat more and drink enough and be careful.

Sep 18, 2010, 07:49 PM

I saw floaters yesterday for about 2 minutes.
    Why does that happen?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 08:22 PM

You need to see a doctor to get your blood pressure checked. This sounds like it could possibly be orthostatic hypotension.

That basically means that your blood pressure drops when you change positions such as from sitting to standing.

Sep 18, 2010, 09:07 PM

I actually just realized I thought I had that, and I talked to my mom about it. It has been fine lately, I think I have to make sure I'm not dehydrated and am eating enough, because when it had happened last, I may not have been taking as good care of that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In my powder room sink black stuff coming up from the drain [ 3 Answers ]

Black stuff coming up from sink in powder room, husband put something down from home depot did not work I put bleach and still comes back not as much but still there

Have odd floor,sunken living room and family room and want it all one level [ 3 Answers ]

My living room and family room are sunken with ceramic tile on top, How would I make it one leverl?

How to find the value of old black walnut dining room chairs [ 1 Answers ]

I have 6 black oak dining room chairs that my grandmother had (well over 100 years old). They are in good condition. What do you think the selling value of these would be?

How much does it cost per room to paint walls and ceilling on 12/x12/ room ? [ 3 Answers ]

What is tpical price to paint 12 x12 room ?

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

View more questions Search