Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2010, 12:21 PM
    What could this be?
    2 years ago I had this "thing" on my thumb. It started by I could see holes under the skin on my thumb and then the skin started to harden and peel off. It became very sore and spread all over my thumb leaving it swollen, red and itchy. It soon started to weep and then what I can only describe as fluid pockets, burst leaving cuts on my thumb. Sometimes when it popped there was even pus. It was horrible.
    I tride all sorts of creams but nothing seemed to work. It came about in July of 2008 and went about may 2009. Since then I had nothing.
    However this August I noticed the holes under my thumb (same one) and the skin has now become hard and started to peel.
    I was just wondering if anyone had heard of anything similar, or if anyone even had a clue what it could be, or what treatments would you recommend.
    I thought maybe contact dermatitis but I am constantly around animals - I always have been. I can't remember changing anything drastic last July and again nothing this time. I really don't know what's causing it!
    Any help is appreciated.
    Sorry for the terrible quality but I really don't know how to describe how it was!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2010, 12:23 PM

What does your doctor say?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 03:04 PM

I think you need to get it checked out by a dermatologist. It's impossible for someone to diagnosis it on line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search