Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pyoro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 08:34 PM
    Internet Withdrawal - Network Issues
    Hello. I'm having issues with my wireless network. I've been running this setup for nearly a year now and it was working fine till about two months ago when my isp wasn't able to provide me with service saying that my modem was incapable of "synchronizing with their network". Today I have regained internet abilities but face a new problem. One of my laptops is not able to access to the internet. It is an Acer 5672WLMi model. It says it has limited or no connectivity. My router is a Linksys WRT54G. I have a suspicion that it has something to do with my network as my laptop is capable of going online when I am on other wireless networks. Now I've tried manually resetting my router and re-entering all my isp details, resetting the modem, renewing my ip only to have it tell me the operation has timed out and I have had no success. I've also tried repairing the connection but the result I get is the computer telling me it has failed the repair process because it cannot renew the ip. I'd appreciate any feedback seeing as how going for two months without internet at home has gotten me a little wired.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Dec 26, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Pyoro,

If you check your Network Connections, I suspect you have a (red) "X" or (yellow) ? Or ! At our wireless card... If this is the case, right click the adapter and "view avail wireless networks"... If your wireless router is not listed click "refresh" on the left.

Check your IP (goto DOS and enter IPCONFIG) and default gateway for a valid addresses (e.g. 192.168.x.x)...

What kind of connection (DSL, Cabl)?

P2E
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
    You can also check your router and make sure you don't have MAC filtering on. Also check that your wep or wpa key is still correct, that you're using DHCP (if that's what you have set up) that the router is still delivering DHCP, that it's broadcasting it's SSID (so that view available wireless networks works).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I share Internet Connection in Network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have once Pc and one Laptop.Both are connected through ethernet card and are running winxp.I have networked them both .Files are shared but Internet connection can't be shared. Please help me about this. ANd Thanks

Can't connect to network or internet [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get an ip address on my desktop. It is connected to the network that already has 2 laptops connected to it via a router. Both of the laptops are also communicating with the internet via the router which is connected to the modem.

Can't get on the network and internet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a macintosh with a airless linksys router. My cable line is connected to it I have a powerbook that hooks up occasionally with airport. I did have my windows xp machine working on it. But I had to reformat my drive. I am using a dell wireless usb adapter. The machine can recognize the...

Network over the internet [ 11 Answers ]

I need to set up a network between three computers two are Networked through Ethernet, but I need to access the third over the internet. How do I set up the protocol? Two of the computer's run Windows XP and the third is running OS X Panther. I need to connect to one of the XP computers with the...

Home Wireless network + Cable Internet [ 4 Answers ]

So cable internet finally got cheap enough here in Croatia, and I consider switching to it. I'm currently using a LAN of 3 computers, connected through a switch. I'm also considering switching to wireless network because I'll have to move the main computer to another room, which would cause me to...

View more questions Search