Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryant8741 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 08:27 PM
    Furnace blows cool air
    My furnace is a bryant model-cacf030aza 5yrs old, natural gas,forced air the problem is that the air coming out of vents is cool air , we have central air, but we made sure that the thermostat was set to heat. In the furnace we do not see any fire at all. It is on and it blows but the air is cool not hot it do not look like it ignites. Please can you help me.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2006, 08:43 PM
    Sounds like an upper limit switch problem. The switch has gone bad and is signally the control board the heat exchanger area is overheated. It shuts off the gas and runs the blower to cool it down. You need to identify the switch and replace it. It will be in the heat exchanger and have 2 wires going to the control board. It may be easier to identify if the furnace has a wiring diagram.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

Please help:Furnace still blows cold air... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I posted my situation a few days ago with very little response, so I wanted to follow up again before calling out a technician. I have a Goodman gas furnace, about three years old. It has electronic pilot ignition, which works fine and will enable the burner flame... the problem is the...

Furnace blows cold air... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a...

Air/Furnance Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Our air conditioning was working fine until last week. Now after it is on several hours the blower quits running. The air conditioner is still running. I shut the whole system off for an hour or so and the blower on the furnace comes back on. We had the relay switch replaced last winter when...

View more questions Search